Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Are you afraid of getting it?
Previous  1  2  3

Are you afraid of getting coronavirus?
Yes  
 56%  [ 44 ]
No  
 43%  [ 34 ]
Total Votes : 78

amother
Linen

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 10:49 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
Meh. Anti Vaxxers are arguing over proven facts. Nothing about covid has been proven. All this hysteria is destroying more people then the virus itself.

Same. Same. You're proving my point again.

amother
Linen

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 10:50 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
And my point was that it’s possible to pass on a cold to an immunocompromised person and kill them. We can’t control everything that happens. You can take precautions and try your best.

Yup, yup.

(says the antivaxxer)

As long as your inconsistent beliefs make sense to you, we're good. But remember to afford others the same ability to choose their beliefs.

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 10:51 am
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
Yes because I’m in early pregnancy and we don’t know how it could affect the fetus.

I think now they're saying it's probably fine because coronavirus has been around for long enough that if there were serious birth defects and such we would be seeing them already. (by zika they were seeing the results right away) Also nothing like that has been seen with other coronaviruses like SARS and MERS

* with the caveat that a high fever is not good in early pregnancy so if that's one of your symptoms then call the dr and take tylenol to keep it down
Also they're still not sure about whether it could possibly cause miscarriage- there was one case but the patient in question was obese and got a very severe case

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 10:56 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
Same. Same. You're proving my point again.

Ok. Glad I can do that. I have no idea what you’re talking about.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 11:01 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
Yup, yup.

(says the antivaxxer)

As long as your inconsistent beliefs make sense to you, we're good. But remember to afford others the same ability to choose their beliefs.

we all have the same belief here. Hashem Elokeinu, Hashem Echad. Lets not confuse opinions with beliefs.

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 11:17 am
Yes, I'm anxious about it for myself and DH because we're over 60. But we still need to eat, so I still go to clients — with a mask and a bottle of hand sanitizer. Construction* comes under the "essential business" category in Maryland and the state is also beginning to loosen restrictions on other businesses here.

*edited to add: I do residential space planning and kitchen design.

Last edited by Rubber Ducky on Thu, May 14 2020, 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 11:19 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
People die all the time. Statistically, if you are young and healthy, your chance of dying from this virus is lower then getting into a car accident. Do you worry about getting into a car accident every day? I didn’t think so. People are being very dramatic. Everyone needs to calm down and think clearly. Which very few people are doing at this time.

??

Each time you get into a car, there is some probability of getting into a fatal car accident. What is that number?

fear (afraid) can go hand in hand with anxiety. I don't think its fair to tell people with anxiety to 'calm down and think clearly'.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 11:38 am
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
??

Each time you get into a car, there is some probability of getting into a fatal car accident. What is that number?

fear (afraid) can go hand in hand with anxiety. I don't think its fair to tell people with anxiety to 'calm down and think clearly'.

I suffer terribly from anxiety myself. I can understand that. But the “higher ups” should not be exacerbating that anxiety and they are.

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 11:42 am
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
I think now they're saying it's probably fine because coronavirus has been around for long enough that if there were serious birth defects and such we would be seeing them already. (by zika they were seeing the results right away) Also nothing like that has been seen with other coronaviruses like SARS and MERS

* with the caveat that a high fever is not good in early pregnancy so if that's one of your symptoms then call the dr and take tylenol to keep it down
Also they're still not sure about whether it could possibly cause miscarriage- there was one case but the patient in question was obese and got a very severe case

Covid19 isn't even around for 9 months. How on earth can they predict anything? Yay the fetus is healthy now, but who knows what will be?

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 11:43 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
I suffer terribly from anxiety myself. I can understand that. But the “higher ups” should not be exacerbating that anxiety and they are.

Okay, I misread your post.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics