Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Summer Camps And Daycamp
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

ExtraCredit

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 5:47 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
I work in a camp
We were told that the girls will have to eat in shifts so as to social distance
Meaning serving meals 12 times a day, all day!
No off premises trips and we need to limit the amount of girls sleeping in one room. That means that we can only accept one half of the girls per month and it may not be financially feasible. It will not cover!
Not happening

Is it possible that in 6 weeks from now the numbers will be that much better and all this won’t be necessary anymore? It just might be too late to start planning so late in the game...

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 6:23 pm
I just got an email from my child’s camp asking for more money. Was wondering if anyone else got this from their child’s camp and if this is some sort of joke.

Can't Believe It

notshanarishona

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 6:30 pm
- personally I would ask to cancel before its too late. I wouldnt risk camp even if it was open

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 6:37 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
How are the 38 states that opened up and relaxed rules doing?

What 38 states have opened up camps, schools, or daycares?

amother
Peach

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 6:57 pm
I also think it’s too risky. I wouldn’t risk my kids health for camp. I saw on the news that recently children are coming up with a rare illness that is suspected to be connected to corona. It takes several weeks from contacting the virus to show symptoms.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 6:57 pm

amother
Jade

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 7:13 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
I just got an email from my child’s camp asking for more money. Was wondering if anyone else got this from their child’s camp and if this is some sort of joke.

Can't Believe It

Yup. I got same.
Same camp lol?

amother
Tan

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 7:18 pm
This article makes it sound like this will NOT happen. Camps are likely to be closed.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/09/.....open/

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 7:26 pm
I guess we all send to this camp that sent an email asking for more money. My husband emailed them and they said that rabbi....will be available tonight at 9 to discuss this matter. Let's see what happens. Until these camps don't have a letter from the county giving them permission to open it is a chutzpah to ask parents for more money at this point. Don't know what he is thinking.

amother
Jade

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 7:57 pm
I’m not sure how to proceed?
They asked if it’s ok to deposit one of the 3 checks.
Do I just put a stop on them or smth?

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 9:15 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
Yup. I got same.
Same camp lol?

Guess so. My previous payments were cc. Now they are asking for a check. I was pretty much pushed into buying that absurd insurance policy but I will NOT send another dime until it’s confirmed that they are opening. It’s just more money that we will fight to get back...

I have 2 other kids registers in 2 other camps and not one is doing this!

amother
Tan

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 9:19 pm
What's so frustrating is that I told my husband NOT to buy the insurance policy and NOT to give them more money. He did both. I feel marginalized and not listened to. AND, I know we're not going to see all our money back.

I can't believe he gave them more money. There is no way on earth they're having camp in a month and a half.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 9:22 pm
Anyone know anything about daycamps? For those that are too young for camp? Any hope that that will happen this summer? Legally how is it different than school?

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 9:24 pm
Same here we were pushed into spending more money on that insurance second day into quarentine not knowing what was going on. no other camps r doing this. My daughterls camp is not asking for any money yet and she is going a full summer. We all need to put our foot down and tell them no until u don't receive the letter from the county allowing to open for summer 2020 we are not giving any more money.

amother
Mint

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 9:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Anyone know anything about daycamps? For those that are too young for camp? Any hope that that will happen this summer? Legally how is it different than school?

The chances of sleepaway camps opening are low. The chance of daycamps opening are even slimmer as they can’t even make the claim that they’re operating as an island (no one in or out) and therefore the risk will be lower.

amother
Jade

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 10:13 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
What's so frustrating is that I told my husband NOT to buy the insurance policy and NOT to give them more money. He did both. I feel marginalized and not listened to. AND, I know we're not going to see all our money back.

I can't believe he gave them more money. There is no way on earth they're having camp in a month and a half.

For me, insurance was done after the deposit and first payment went through (500+695), so at least those monies were at stake and were worth of getting insurance for, hoping it will actually work.

Now, they have 2 more postdated checks (I think).
They asked me if they could deposit the April 1st check.
If I say, "please don't until you have confirmation from state you're opening up", - will they tell me my son cannot come if they open up (not that I think it'll be ok to send end of July),
or maybe penalize me next year and not admit my son?..

amother
Jade

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 10:15 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
Same here we were pushed into spending more money on that insurance second day into quarentine not knowing what was going on. no other camps r doing this. My daughterls camp is not asking for any money yet and she is going a full summer. We all need to put our foot down and tell them no until u don't receive the letter from the county allowing to open for summer 2020 we are not giving any more money.

My daughter's camp told me before quarantine check could be postdated as late as September 1.
They didn't reach out with any money requests or any info either.
Probably also same camp as yours Smile

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 10:17 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:

If I say, "please don't until you have confirmation from state you're opening up", - will they tell me my son cannot come if they open up (not that I think it'll be ok to send end of July),
or maybe penalize me next year and not admit my son?..

They might, but that’s blackmail. I would stall a bit- it’s not just you and me that are having a hard time wrapping our heads around this.

L K

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 7:20 pm
Any news about camps?

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 7:47 pm
Supposedly they will know by tomorrow May 15
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics