Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
My child has all the symptoms

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 11:26 am
hi, my 5 year old son started showing symptoms of pandas, it was going on for a while but recently got much worse. I took him to my pediatrician but I feel like they don't take me seriously enough. I requested bloodwork and waiting for results. Where do I go from here? I'm so confused. Has anyone heard of a Mrs. Green thats a nutritionist that works for Supreme health and is very experienced in pandaams? Does anyone have experience in pandas and can help me with resources? I live in monsey

tweety1

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 11:29 am
I dunno Mrs. Green but I know supreme health. Supreme has helped me many times for various different issues. I went to them after being unsuccessful by 2 other places. So far I never had an issue that wasn't resolved with their regimen.

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 11:52 am
I know someone whose child with pandas was helped with Mrs green's protocol.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 12:57 pm
Has that child healed completely? Is there a way to put me in touch with this person?

amother
Purple

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 9:35 pm
If your pediatrician is willing to offer antibiotics for any length of time, start with that. That way You can buy time and gather info on alternative approaches. The sooner you start treating, and the more aggressively, the better your chances that this won’t turn into a chronic Brain inflammation sort of thing, which will be infinitely harder to treat. Yes, it’s possible to treat naturally from the start, but most people don’t have enough information and resources to do it properly and end up wasting precious time looking into and trying different options. Saying this as someone very very health minded who wishes she would have gotten this advice when her child first started showing symptoms.

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 9:40 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
If your pediatrician is willing to offer antibiotics for any length of time, start with that. That way You can buy time and gather info on alternative approaches. The sooner you start treating, and the more aggressively, the better your chances that this won’t turn into a chronic Brain inflammation sort of thing, which will be infinitely harder to treat. Yes, it’s possible to treat naturally from the start, but most people don’t have enough information and resources to do it properly and end up wasting precious time looking into and trying different options. Saying this as someone very very health minded who wishes she would have gotten this advice when her child first started showing symptoms.

This.
I took my child to mrs. Brachfeld on concord dr. In Monsey.
My child is only a few months in and doing so much better!

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 9:48 pm
Please tell me about Mrs brachfeld. I'm desperate! My pediatrician refuses to give antibiotics even though his strep numbers are a little elevated. I'm so lost please help me.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 9:49 pm
Take your child to dr Schulman.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 9:51 pm
Before you start treating for PANDAS did your pediatrician also test your child for Lyme Disease?
I thought my kid displayed PANDAS symptoms and even the pediatrician thought so. A few months later his knees swelled and he couldn’t walk and that’s when he got tested for Lyme and it was positive .

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 9:54 pm
He didn't test for Lyme diseas and doesn't want to. He feels its not linked

amother
Purple

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 9:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Please tell me about Mrs brachfeld. I'm desperate! My pediatrician refuses to give antibiotics even though his strep numbers are a little elevated. I'm so lost please help me.
did u do a culture?

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 9:56 pm
my pediatrician claims he doesn't have pandas even with elevated numbers! I see firsthand my child having the symptoms and getting worse each day. I feel like the doctors don't believe me

amother
Purple

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 9:57 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Before you start treating for PANDAS did your pediatrician also test your child for Lyme Disease?
I thought my kid displayed PANDAS symptoms and even the pediatrician thought so. A few months later his knees swelled and he couldn’t walk and that’s when he got tested for Lyme and it was positive .
ouch! FWIW, pandas symptoms caused by Lyme would fall under the same category and be considered pans

amother
Purple

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 9:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
my pediatrician claims he doesn't have pandas even with elevated numbers! I see firsthand my child having the symptoms and getting worse each day. I feel like the doctors don't believe me
so awful but unfortunately so common with pandas. Drs are just not up to date on the research. Can you try to find a pandas friendly pedi where you live? Maybe posters in the area can help.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 10:01 pm
Please if someone has any info here in monsey I'm all ears

amother
Purple

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 10:15 pm
https://www.bambini-peds.com/

I don’t know how far away you are from this place but they diagnose and treat pandas. Last I heard, they take insurance but you need to make them your pcp.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 10:17 pm
Until you get to a dr, you can put your child on motrin around the clock, and try herbiotics from herbal health instead of an antibiotic

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 10:57 pm
Should I first find a doctor who treats pandas, or go the natural way first, I found a nutritionist who is very experienced in treating pandas and has a very big success rate

amother
Purple

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 11:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Should I first find a doctor who treats pandas, or go the natural way first, I found a nutritionist who is very experienced in treating pandas and has a very big success rate
in my experience it’s good to have both on board. Dr for bloodwork and Rx, alternative person for help with diet, supplements etc. for now, go with whomever could see you first. But make sure the nutritionist is credentialed and her protocol is sound.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics