Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Where to stop halfway to florida
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 8:31 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
You know, you can say a lot of things and justify yourself in a thousand ways- but saying that this is “the right thing to do” is just beyond the pale.

I don’t know why I’m bothering. It’s clear none of you people care.

im not going to bother replying to u. can you justify the hate to me please? whats ur rationale ? I wish u and your family all the best and a spectacular shabbos.

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 8:42 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
im not going to bother replying to u. can you justify the hate to me please? whats ur rationale ? I wish u and your family all the best and a spectacular shabbos.

I live in Florida.
We are social distancing to stop the spread of a global pandemic because we are socially responsible. Our efforts are threatened by mass migration here.
You not only have made a selfish choice but somehow you have convinced yourself that it is praiseworthy.
The former I get - it’s a base animal instinct and survival of the fittest at its best. But to convince yourself that what you’re doing is “right” and “everyone should do it” is another level.

But enjoy your vacation. You deserve it bc you live in ny with a lot of kids in a small apartment!

amother
Khaki

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 8:48 am
happyone wrote:
Wow! I'm sorry for you. You sound like you are struggling with extreme jealousy.

I am jealous 😕
I wish I was doing what op is doing

I’m dying here in this horrible dreary city I live in.
I am horribly depressed & in bed most days 😢

watergirl

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 8:54 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
please dont bash me.
looking for someplace to rent a private airbnb halfway down to florida for one night any tips r helpful . we will quarantine in a rental in Florida ,hoping to avoid public restrooms etc if we stop overnight.
(ducks)

OP, I reported your post because I am not a mod of this forum. But I want you to know why I reported it.

Firstly, you posted in the wrong forum. This is not about moving or relocating. Its about your vacation.

Secondly, your post is entirely googleable. You can do this search yourself. Your (ducks) at the end indicates that you KNOW this is going to be an issue in the group.

These threads are inflammatory. If you post about breaking the rules and going to Florida, you need to be ready for people to tell you that you are wrong. By posting here and not googling, you are inviting discourse. By saying you are ducking, you are welcoming people telling you off.

Floridians are not "hating". You should not be going. I'm sorry about your tiny apartment in Brooklyn. I'm sure you can find a place to rent with a pool anywhere else in the country that is not Florida. You are making a choice, you need to own it.

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 9:00 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
I live in Florida.
We are social distancing to stop the spread of a global pandemic because we are socially responsible. Our efforts are threatened by mass migration here.
You not only have made a selfish choice but somehow you have convinced yourself that it is praiseworthy.
The former I get - it’s a base animal instinct and survival of the fittest at its best. But to convince yourself that what you’re doing is “right” and “everyone should do it” is another level.

But enjoy your vacation. You deserve it bc you live in ny with a lot of kids in a small apartment!

The rental homes in Orlando are all in one area and no one lives in that area. It's all vacation rentals. Everyone is quarantined in their homes, there's nowhere to go
They don't spread it to anyone, no one lives in that area.
You don't have to think it's the right thing to do, but you have no right to judge others. I know a few families that have special needs children and they couldn't stick it out at home anymore.
My neighbor has a special needs child, he can become pretty aggressive. He's going crazy from no school and schedule. He's torturing his siblings. They live in a tiny apartment. They went to Orlando, that child is a different child. He's in the pool all day and has where to run around. He's so happy & his siblings are happy as well. For them and many other families, it's the right thing to do. It's not in our place to judge.

southernbubby

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 9:42 am
I know someone who, due to asthma, had to get out of NYC at the height of the crisis so they rented a lakefront Airbnb cabin in NC. It sounds pretty secluded and they brought kosher food because otherwise they are limited to whatever OU products are available.
Different states are allowing different levels of activity and even in NY it now differs by county. Some states are not as discouraging of tourism as others but the virus migrates and where it was quiet last week is a hot spot this week.
Personally I would not want to go where I am not wanted.

watergirl

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 9:49 am
southernbubby wrote:
I know someone who, due to asthma, had to get out of NYC at the height of the crisis so they rented a lakefront Airbnb cabin in NC. It sounds pretty secluded and they brought kosher food because otherwise they are limited to whatever OU products are available.
Different states are allowing different levels of activity and even in NY it now differs by county. Some states are not as discouraging of tourism as others but the virus migrates and where it was quiet last week is a hot spot this week.
Personally I would not want to go where I am not wanted.

Thats the thing... it seems like people are dafka going to Florida as a way of thumbing their noses at the State.

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 9:56 am
watergirl wrote:
Thats the thing... it seems like people are dafka going to Florida as a way of thumbing their noses at the State.

I think it’s because Florida is what they know and they see it as an extension of NYC. The last part is where the entitlement comes from as well imo.

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 9:59 am
watergirl wrote:

Florida is the most convenient & cheapest for frum families. A nice house with a private pool is pretty cheap. And the houses are fully furnished and kosher. They're going to a kosher vacation resort, it's the most practical.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 10:01 am
watergirl wrote:
OP, I reported your post because I am not a mod of this forum. But I want you to know why I reported it.

Firstly, you posted in the wrong forum. This is not about moving or relocating. Its about your vacation.

Secondly, your post is entirely googleable. You can do this search yourself. Your (ducks) at the end indicates that you KNOW this is going to be an issue in the group.

These threads are inflammatory. If you post about breaking the rules and going to Florida, you need to be ready for people to tell you that you are wrong. By posting here and not googling, you are inviting discourse. By saying you are ducking, you are welcoming people telling you off.

Floridians are not "hating". You should not be going. I'm sorry about your tiny apartment in Brooklyn. I'm sure you can find a place to rent with a pool anywhere else in the country that is not Florida. You are making a choice, you need to own it.

Why is it better to rent somewhere else in the country?

naturalmom5

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 10:02 am
Baltimore hach orchim apartments

I am sure they will be happy to have you
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics