Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How do you stand wearing tights in hot weather?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 10:58 am
Do you wear full on tights or thigh highs/knee highs.

The older I get, the more uncomfortable I feel in restrictive and hot clothing like tights. I can handle them in the winter or fall, but in spring/summer...I just can't anymore...

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 11:06 am
I have no issues with it. I think it’s a matter of finding the right company and fit. Tights too tight can be really uncomfortable even in the winter.

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 11:08 am
I'm 22 and I HATE TIGHTS

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 11:09 am
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
I'm 22 and I HATE TIGHTS

I’m close to 40 and never had an issue. Pls explore other companies and sizes till you find the perfect fit.

behappy2

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 11:10 am
Long skirts and socks

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 11:10 am
They are called "tights" for a reason! LOL

Wish they were called "loosey goosies!"

avrahamama

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 11:11 am
I don't wear everyday but ... I find tights to be very helpful with my chafing thighs and Chub rub.

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 11:13 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
They are called "tights" for a reason! LOL

Wish they were called "loosey goosies!"

Oh that was your mistake all these years! I don’t buy tights. I buy pantyhose! Rolling Laughter

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 11:13 am
avrahamama wrote:
I don't wear everyday but ... I find tights to be very helpful with my chafing thighs and Chub rub.

Leggings accomplish the same thing and are so much softer. They are still too hot in summer though.

ila

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 11:16 am
There are cotton shorts very thin like underwear specially for this

mha3484

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 11:17 am
I work in an office that gets extremely over heated and the AC unit is very loud so I prefer not to turn it on if I can help it. I tend to wear a lot of maxi skirts so I dont have to wear socks or I wear trouser socks that I get at target. I never wear full tights ever.

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 11:18 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
I’m close to 40 and never had an issue. Pls explore other companies and sizes till you find the perfect fit.

I never either had an issue until I hit 40. Now, they're the second thing I take off as soon as I step in the door (the first is the sheitel). It has nothing to do with a perfect fit. I have those. But they're just as well uncomfortable in the heat & especially in the humidity,

First Lady

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 11:18 am
ila wrote:

This. With thigh highs.
Or wear long skirts.

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 11:21 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:

I've tried many. I'm just the kind of person that pulls off my tights and wig the minute I walk in the order. I relish Sundays where I don't need to go anywhere so I can stay in a sweatshirt and leggings.

amother
OP

I think I have a sensory issue in general where I hate the feel of certain material (like nylon) and restrictive clothing/fabrics. I like lightweight cotton, but all tights are elasticized to conform to your body and there is no breathing space for your skin. And sweat gets trapped in the tights - especially around the enclosed foot area. YUCK! I need to be free.

Chayalle

I'm in my 40's. On very hot days, I find that I get kind of sweaty, and I need to wash up and change my stockings midday. And at some point in the evening, I switch to a long slinky skirt and comfortable socks. Or if I'm very uncomfortable, I go casual earlier in the day.

I hate thigh highs or stocking-knee-highs. I find them less comfortable. And they are bad for your veins, too.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 11:23 am
Chayalle wrote:
I'm in my 40's. On very hot days, I find that I get kind of sweaty, and I need to wash up and change my stockings midday. And at some point in the evening, I switch to a long slinky skirt and comfortable socks. Or if I'm very uncomfortable, I go casual earlier in the day.

I hate thigh highs or stocking-knee-highs. I find them less comfortable. And they are bad for your veins, too.

The elastic bands at the top get super uncomfortable. I think I will invest in longer skirts and socks.

giselle

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 11:23 am
I only wear thigh highs. The ones I buy aren’t very tight, so I hope that they’re not bad for my veins! Never thought of that.

amother
Amber

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 12:33 pm
ila wrote:

Are there ones that don't curl and roll up? I don't know if it's how my legs or shaped or the way I walk but I've never found any type of thin, biker-like shorts that didn't curl and roll up and become useless and uncomfortable.

amother
Amber

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 12:37 pm
I hate tights/pantyhose. The low denier are too fragile and I can't find my color in a higher denier so I end up wearing black year round which gets hot and uncomfortable in the summer. I do like leggings but I hate the gap and for some skirts/dresses they don't look as nice. I haven't tried socks because my thighs are best friends and in the summer there is contention lol soo massive uncomfortable chub rub. Even when I was skinny my thighs touched so socks are out.

Mostly, I just silently hate it and take them off as soon as I get home.
Page 1 of 8   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics