Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Another unemployment question: NY

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 2:56 pm
Last week, after endless phone calls, I finally got through someone. She took some info, then I got an email with a link to file for weekly benefits. The claim for weekly benefits started on beginning of March, even though I worked till March 10. Then each week after that.
My last name is Schwartz, does that mean I need to claim my weekly benefits on Wednesday? I claimed today.
When I look at the payment history, it says that a payment for the first week of March was released. Where did the money go? I didn’t get any debit card on the mail, and I filled up a direct deposit form today.
Also, will I get a payment for all those past weeks, even if my claim was approved last week?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 2:59 pm
I’ve been trying to call to get an explanation, but I can’t get through.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 3:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Last week, after endless phone calls, I finally got through someone. She took some info, then I got an email with a link to file for weekly benefits. The claim for weekly benefits started on beginning of March, even though I worked till March 10. Then each week after that.
My last name is Schwartz, does that mean I need to claim my weekly benefits on Wednesday? I claimed today.
When I look at the payment history, it says that a payment for the first week of March was released. Where did the money go? I didn’t get any debit card on the mail, and I filled up a direct deposit form today.
Also, will I get a payment for all those past weeks, even if my claim was approved last week?

the system by name is only for the first time you fill out the application.
you should claim your weekly benefits every sunday. if you didn't do it on sunday, you have more days to do it. possibly the whole week or at least a few days . the sooner the better.
the first week they pay zero, it's the waiting week, (which is usually the first week someone is unemployed, but it seems now they make it the week before you were unemployed- so hopefully you will get paid starting the week you were unemployed.
I don't know about the previous weeks. I'm still waiting to receive my payments too. Hopefully they'll pay everything. you might need to answer the questions for each week. somewhere. phone or online.

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 4:44 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

check your payment history now, it might show more information online.

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 7:47 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
the system by name is only for the first time you fill out the application.
you should claim your weekly benefits every sunday. if you didn't do it on sunday, you have more days to do it. possibly the whole week or at least a few days . the sooner the better.
the first week they pay zero, it's the waiting week, (which is usually the first week someone is unemployed, but it seems now they make it the week before you were unemployed- so hopefully you will get paid starting the week you were unemployed.
I don't know about the previous weeks. I'm still waiting to receive my payments too. Hopefully they'll pay everything. you might need to answer the questions for each week. somewhere. phone or online.

I filed March 20 and got approved late April and they paid me for all those weeks
Try calling 888-581-5812 and follow the prompts

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 7:50 am
I applied a few days after Pesach and still didn’t get the call to complete the application. I reached out twice to my assemblyman whose staff sent a form to the unemployment department. So far, nothing.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 8:12 am
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
I filed March 20 and got approved late April and they paid me for all those weeks
Try calling 888-581-5812 and follow the prompts

How long took you to get paid for the earlier weeks?was it right away?

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 8:17 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
check your payment history now, it might show more information online.

So , I see that a payment was released on5/14 for the week ending on 5/10. The $600 for that week says “0” by release date. What does that mean?

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 8:21 am
Oh , and I did answer the questions about previous weeks. Actually , the questions were asked since the week of 03/10, my last day of work.

amother
Natural

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 8:28 am
I filed a long time ago but never received a call to complete the application. No luck getting thru. Help me. How are people receiving the money. Im getting nothing. No work since mid March Crying Crying

amother
Red

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 9:08 am
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
I filed a long time ago but never received a call to complete the application. No luck getting thru. Help me. How are people receiving the money. Im getting nothing. No work since mid March Crying Crying

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....89634
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics