Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
For some reason the media think Cuomo is doing a great job
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 2:35 pm
[img][/img]

amother
Coral

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 3:00 pm
I cant read above but he comes accross as honest and shows off his family every day on tv
he might have let people die in nursing homes
he over built hospitals in central park and westchster and the boat comfort only had 100 patients

Einikel

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 3:08 pm
I honestly don’t understand why he is so wildly praised when NY is the epicenter. He pretends to be transparent when he keeps pushing the goalposts making it seemingly impossible to reopen. If this doesn’t prove the media is a lie I don’t know what does.

amother
Turquoise

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 3:10 pm
100% agree. He is a showman and looks good on camera. I find him annoying and fake.

Reality

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 3:18 pm
Agreed.

Everyday more scandals are coming out regarding nursing homes.

He didn't handle this crisis well at all!!

Yet he has heaps of praise from the media and President Trump is criticized no matter what!!

If the president was a Democrat that is how he would be treated by the media as well.

The double standard is nauseating!

amother
Gold

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 3:31 pm
Many pro-bono tenants attorneys are angry at Cuomo as well for failing to protect tenants from eviction and forcing tenants to prove that they are affected financially by coronavirus. You can read more about it here-- https://www.law360.com/article.....tions

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 3:46 pm
While I do not agree with some of his policies, I do think that the has been a strong leader during this time. He is trying to balance both science and economics in creating a plan to re-open. He has taken advisement from both doctors and business people to develop a plan. The plan has very specific criteria that must be met in order to progress to the next step. He has taken the time and has carefully explained the different steps and requirements. His press conferences are informative, and easy to understand. He has shown strong leadership qualities.

There is also a great deal of politics behind the scenes and he has tried to cross party lines to get our State what we need.

gold21

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 4:08 pm
I actually don't mind him. I like some of what he did. He came across as a lot more confident, reassuring, and professional than DeBlasio did.

I dislike some of what he did. Nursing home scandal aside. One thing that really bothers me is that I would like clearer data on where new cases on NY are located exactly. Numbers without specific details are useless to me.

And I did not enjoy his cutesie interviews with his brother Chris Cuomo. Just dumb. I'm not a fan of the cutesie side of him. I saw a clip of him being interviewed by Ellen over Zoom. I didn't find it appealing. That whole giggly side of him seems juvenile... and dare I say, a tad conceited.

And yes, it's time to reopen NY, Cuomo!!!

(When evaluating the performance of any politician, I try to think of him/her as an individual, not as the member of a party I either support or oppose. If I'm just gonna hate on all Democrats, then I'm essentially following blindly depending on party association. So I'm really trying to look at Cuomo and his policies independent of his party affiliation.)

Last edited by gold21 on Sat, May 16 2020, 11:57 pm; edited 3 times in total

fleetwood

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 4:14 pm
gold21 wrote:
I actually don't mind him. I like a lot of what he did. He came across as a lot more confident, reassuring, and professional than DeBlasio did.

I dislike some of what he did. Nursing home scandal aside. One thing that really bothers me is that I would like clearer data on where new cases on NY are located exactly. Numbers without specific details are useless to me.

And I did not enjoy his cutesie interviews with his brother Chris Cuomo. Just dumb. I'm not into the cutesie side of him. Like when he appeared on Ellen's virtual show. I dunno. The giggly side of him bugs me.

And it's time to reopen NY, Cuomo!!!!

He has reopened parts of the State that met the criteria.

amother
Coral

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 4:16 pm
three parts of the state

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 4:21 pm
gold21 wrote:
I actually don't mind him. I like some of what he did. He came across as a lot more confident, reassuring, and professional than DeBlasio did.

That's not a very comforting comparison...

amother
Wine

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 4:23 pm
Einikel wrote:
I honestly don’t understand why he is so wildly praised when NY is the epicenter. He pretends to be transparent when he keeps pushing the goalposts making it seemingly impossible to reopen. If this doesn’t prove the media is a lie I don’t know what does.

4 areas of NY have moved to Phase 1 of reopening, so your statements are patently untrue.

Cuomo is doing a great job. Its not the media. Its fact.

Oh, and BTW, NY is one of 5 or so states that send more to the federal government than they receive. If that's your criteria.

gold21

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 4:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That's not a very comforting comparison...

Ha, true! Lol. I cannot stand DeBlasio. Seems like a nice guy maybe, but with terrible policies and just doing an awful job running the city. Not a good mayor at all.

Two thumbs down.

gold21

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 4:32 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
4 areas of NY have moved to Phase 1 of reopening, so your statements are patently untrue.

Cuomo is doing a great job. Its not the media. Its fact.

Oh, and BTW, NY is one of 5 or so states that send more to the federal government than they receive. If that's your criteria.

The media response to Trump and to Cuomo has been quite different. That's fact.

When Trump gave over a basic reopening guideline and then handed over reopening decisions to states to handle themselves, the media wasn't happy with his hands-off approach.

When Cuomo gave over a basic reopening guideline and handed over reopening decisions to regions within the state to handle themselves, the media was satisfied with that.

Whaddaya mean, Trump? You're just leaving it to others to figure out how to reopen things safely? What's up with the hands off approach? Not cool, Prez.

Ten minutes later .... Cuomo says he will leave it to individual regions and to individual businesses within those regions to figure out how to reopen safely as per his guidelines. And all is well in the world.

Hehe.

Cheiny

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 4:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
[img][/img]

Because he’s a democrat and the majority of the media is anti-Trump, pro-any democrat, even a senile rapist. Now you know why they’re known as fake news. The scariest part is they have their gullible liberal base that actually swallows every lie they’re told by the liberal press!

#BestBubby

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 4:37 pm
Because by Fake News Media a Democrat can do no wrong...and a Republican can do no Right!

gold21

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 4:40 pm
When Trump is asked about testing capacity in the country and he responds with "We test more than any other country!! We're doing great with testing!" the media has a field day.

When Cuomo literally said the same thing about the state's testing capacity (I listen to him every day!), "We test more than than other state! We're doing great with testing!", the media accepted that. I just cracked up.

Same applies to those receiving money from the gvmt:

When not everyone got their checks from the federal gvmt right away, the media freaked.

When Cuomo explained that unemployment claims through the state are being processed as quickly as possible but it's an overwhelming process and it's not going to be perfect, but they're doing the best they can, it was fine.

Haha. I crack up. But it's sad. And so transparent.

amother
Gray

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 5:08 pm
Might help that the media is his brother.

HonesttoGod

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 12:14 am
You can’t compare these numbers without comparing state size, state density, where cases occurred, actual testingNumbers etc etc

liveandlove.ima

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 12:29 am
For one reason; they are from the same political party.
and for that same reason the media will always disagree/dislike President Trump
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics