Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Help me plan a COVID19 Wedding!

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 5:52 am
I am at a total loss. My dd got engaged several months ago and is getting married in August. We booked the hall and picked the menu right before COVID.

We haven't done anything since that time.

We just don't know what will be and if we will be allowed to have anything other than a 10 person event! The immediately family on both sides (who live in same 2 households) is 16!

Any advice? She doesn't even have a dress - none of us do!

I would hate for her to remember her wedding as something slapped together. Can't we still make it nice?

Ora in town

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 6:04 am
This might be a good occasion to rethink the whole concept of chassene and go back to basics.

What counts is love, accompanying those young people towards a new part of their life. Not the great celebration in the hall is what counts.

So why not make a concept for 10-20 people?
A home-made chassene, in a spirit of simplicity.

It's better do everything outside. That's safer.
You could have other guests you would have liked to invite participate on Zoom...
you could install a big screen so that people on Zoom can address the people present, and there can be a real exchange.

I wish you and your daughter a very special wedding full of love, warmth and true meaning.

Success10

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 6:14 am
Are you in Israel or US? In or outside the tristate area? Makes a huge difference.

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 6:18 am
@mimulo flowers from Crown Heights does beautiful Covid weddings (they're small event planners and have done a few Covid weddings already).

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 6:41 am
I feel for you! Mazel Tov!
The simchos are even more wonderful at this time yet harder to plan (understatement)
Talk to you rov and to people who have made recently- while things may loosen up more by August it’s tough To plan now for what may be then.
Two families of 16? I would plan outside with sd and masks and all advised- get dressed as best as possible- and livestream or otherwise broadcast to everyone else.
Only simchos!

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 10:37 am
Dress - if you are in ny or nj area you can get appts for gowns and sheitels.
Get the kallah a stunning gown and her sheitels.

Find a beautiful backyard. Preferably out of nyc (upstate) or in a secluded area of nj (Toms River backyard) or even better in Pennsylvania.
The biggest fear is ppl reporting you and police shutting it down mid event.
Even frum neighbors have been doing this.

Call rental company for tables, chairs, chuppah.

Call catered either for food or full catering at that location.

Hire one man band and photographer

Get gorgeous flowers so at least pics should be gorgeous. And chuppah -because that is main part
(I normally don’t believe on spending on flowers but here I think it is worth it)

You may be able to have more guests in August.

You can print invites more like notifications instead of real invitations. One wedding sent return cards but wrote they don’t know what is happening and set up twitter account and provided Zoom details there.
If there is a return card there is a chance the couple may get some presents.

rae

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 10:48 am
Where are you based out of?
Greenwald caterers based out of Lakewood is putting together a venue in Pennsylvania. It’s all inclusive. He’s taking care of location, flowers, food etc. if I’m not mistaken, I think it’s for 50 people cuz that’s what’s allowed over there. ( not sure though).

Maybe place a call to a local party planner. They should be on top of situation, this is their livelihood.

Def by August more should be opened and allowed. Make sure your daughter feels this time is special for all of you and stress that you might have to be patient.

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 12:15 pm
rae wrote:
Where are you based out of?
Greenwald caterers based out of Lakewood is putting together a venue in Pennsylvania. It’s all inclusive. He’s taking care of location, flowers, food etc. if I’m not mistaken, I think it’s for 50 people cuz that’s what’s allowed over there. ( not sure though).

Maybe place a call to a local party planner. They should be on top of situation, this is their livelihood.

Def by August more should be opened and allowed. Make sure your daughter feels this time is special for all of you and stress that you might have to be patient.

A wedding of his got shutdown.
Don’t know if they tried again.

Some tzaddik (sarcastic) called the police to tell them. The police said it was legal.
He then made multiple calls until the health organization shut down the wedding.

They are also making weddings in bushkill but that is very expensive.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 4:27 pm
The legal number of people for a gathering in Pennsylvania is 10 not 50. As of now. If you want a legal wedding, by all means come to pa. If you want to do an illegal one, please stay near your home.

By the way, my dd is also getting married in August eyh, and we have a venue, but are planning only the legal numbers. Whatever they may be at the time. Not easy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics