Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Are white cotton tights back in for kids? (BP chassidish)
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

amother
Pink

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 11:35 am
Crown Heights schools also have tights for girls as part of the uniform. And for daycamp also.
Afaik schools in BP don't have uniforms for the boys while CH does.
In the same kind of thing, once boys start putting on tefillin, many will dress in white shirts every day in and out of school, while others will wear regular tshirts or colored oxfords out of school.
So it's kind of a dress code that goes beyond school uniform.
Tights though for little girls really are more tznius at least until they learn to keep their knees covered.

Ora in town

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 11:38 am
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
I I doesn't seem like you understand this minhag at all.

Neither do I.
Please explain...

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 12:00 pm
How do I join the chassidish velt? I was under the impression it wasn't active but this is too much already.

PeanutMama

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 12:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How do I join the chassidish velt? I was under the impression it wasn't active but this is too much already.

List of forums have it but the admins have to approve you and you gotta be chasidish

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 1:23 pm
CULTURE SHOCK!! There are some chassidish boys cheders that dont let boys wear short sleeves / short pants from Kittah Alef. I know its ridiculous but thats how it is

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 1:36 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
CULTURE SHOCK!! There are some chassidish boys cheders that dont let boys wear short sleeves / short pants from Kittah Alef. I know its ridiculous but thats how it is

It's not ridiculous. They hold that if boys touch their elbows and above when learning, they get tuma and need to wash their hands.
In most cheders, kitta alef may still wear short pants and sleeves. No short pants but yes short sleeves till katta hei. Some cheders let short sleeves till kitta zayin.
I'm not talking about satmer. I'm talking about other mosdos.

PeanutMama

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 1:37 pm
Stupid question what’s kita alef? A company?

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 1:38 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
Stupid question what’s kita alef? A company?

The boys grades are called kitah. So kitah alef is first grade.

nchr

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 4:19 pm
My trendy cousins in BP use white ribben cotton tights only if the outfit does not have white. For example, a pink jumper with a white shirt underneath would have light grey ribbed but a light blue dress with some navy stitching could have white onrs.

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 5:09 pm
Ora in town wrote:
Neither do I.
Please explain...

You dont need to understand our chasidish world.
Neither do we have to understand your world.
But, we need to respect each other.

PeanutMama

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 5:13 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
You dont need to understand our chasidish world.
Neither do we have to understand your world.
But, we need to respect each other.

I so love this response. Sometimes we get carried away. A gut shabbos

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 5:16 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
No, they are doing it only because they are being made to do so by the school and neighbors. They're not doing it for any minhag reasons. If they would have the choice, they would drop it in a heartbeat.

yes, there are people like that.
This is why my daughter refused to meet a boy (beshow) who followed chasidish norms like our family, but whose mother and sisters did not.
She b"h married someone else where she is comfortable in hubby''s family and to them putting on tights from age three is halacha (paskened by our kehillas dayanim.)

we boroch hashem live in a neighborhood where most people take chasidish mesorah seriously; everybody enjoys their own cup of tea.

amother
Lemon

Post Sat, May 16 2020, 2:16 pm
A three year old can't be nerdy and her friends won't know if her clothes are trendy. The op is worrying about the other mothers. It is profoundly sad to think of a child going to a school where the mothers gossip about how little girls are dressed. From a chinuch perspective, I cannot see why anyone would want her child to be educated in an environment like that.

merelyme

Post Sat, May 16 2020, 8:24 pm
The op got her answer and this thread has deteriorated into bashing, which is a real pity.
I removed some inappropriate posts and locked the thread.
If you have something important, relevant, respectful and helpful to post, please pm Yael.
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics