Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Quarantine Life Hack

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 10:14 am
Great idea! If you sleep on the opposite side of the bed than usual it feels like you're in a hotel!

We have 2 48in beds that we keep pushed together and last night we slept the other way. Literally the change of scenery made us feel like we were in a hotel. Tip - your room should be cleaned first for the true hotel experience Smile

silverlining3

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 5:59 pm
Cool idea

Tzutzie

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 6:02 pm
Hahaa!!!

Success10

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 4:24 am
Quarantine Hack: Rub sunblock in your eyes and sprinkle some sand in your undergarments. Viola! Beach! Extra credit if you give yourself a jellyfish sting!

PinkFridge

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 7:50 am
Close the kitchen doors and windows during erev Shabbos cooking for a desert experience. For those of you who have a laundry room off the kitchen, do laundry too for a rain forest experience.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 8:45 am
Go up and down the stair 293642 times because your 3 year old "dont want THESE socks! I want DIFFERENT socks!"
Bam.
At-home gym.

flowerpower

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 8:53 am
Turn on Jillian Michaels workout dvd in the living room. Warn the kids that if they come out of their rooms during that time then they must join you. Bam! They don’t need another drink or suddenly famished at 11 pm.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 8:56 am
flowerpower wrote:
Turn on Jillian Michaels workout dvd in the living room. Warn the kids that if they come out of their rooms during that time then they must join you. Bam! They don’t need another drink or suddenly famished at 11 pm.

Can you come up with a hack that will keep ME from being famished at 11pm?

It's like the magic munchies hour. I'm not hungry, I just get insane cravings for things. Of course, the makolet closed an hour ago, and the next day I forget to buy snacks.

Rinse, repeat.

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 10:37 pm
Success10 wrote:
Quarantine Hack: Rub sunblock in your eyes and sprinkle some sand in your undergarments. Viola! Beach! Extra credit if you give yourself a jellyfish sting!

Lol! During the long winter, whenever I come across the sunblock, I have this urge to inhale the smell deeply to remind me of sunny pool days.

thriver

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 10:40 pm
These are hilarious. Keep them coming ladies!

amother
Beige

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 11:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Great idea! If you sleep on the opposite side of the bed than usual it feels like you're in a hotel!

We have 2 48in beds that we keep pushed together and last night we slept the other way. Literally the change of scenery made us feel like we were in a hotel. Tip - your room should be cleaned first for the true hotel experience Smile

This couldn't be funnier! I thought my husband was the only creative one coming up with this genius idea. My dh wanted to surprise me and was trying to get back his sane wife, so he calls me over to our room to show off that he turned around the entire lay-out , moved the furniture (thats how bored he must've been) actually he moved our beds should be connected which was never like this before , yet I had mentioned to him a couple of times we should bring our beds closer together.
Bottem line , I promise I feel like I wake up to a new house , its fresh , its something different, it is much more exciting for me to go to sleep and atleast I have something to look forward to, I feel like the change of scenery and change of layout added so much more excitement. Its worth to do something different, change around something in your house . Atleast some change of scenery happens , and yes almost feels like an hotel . I make sure to furniture polish , and spray a good scent... wheee delicious feeling!!!

thriver

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 11:11 pm
We have rearranged and repainted my children’s furniture (I may be a little obsessed with furniture spray paint—anything my kids and I can carry out ourselves 😬... my husband is not involved in this 😆). It’s been a lot of fun. Should do something in my own room though. I moved in our exercise bike. Used it once... maybe twice...

amother
Tan

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 11:21 pm
My kids had tangled up a roll of yarn I gave them for projects. I decided to try to untangle it and now--instant stress relief! My fingers are mindlessly and peacefully untangling yarn and rolling it into a tidy ball all day...while I break up fights, while I try to convince uncooperative kids to do schoolwork, while I do bedtime, while I deal with an exceptionally rude and nasty teen who makes me want to _________ ...

The calm feeling of pulling the yarn through my fingers as I wrap up all the loose ends in my hand, if not in my life, is addictive. And yes, I may be going a little nuts. But aren't we all?

amother
Orange

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 11:23 pm
Success10 wrote:

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

dovebird

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 12:03 am
Quarantine hack: When your toddler requests a snack, eat it together with them. They have the best ideas! Ice cream with fruit loops for breakfast? Cupcakes with frosting bec they feel like it after lunch? Bisli at 1130pm for a midnight snack?! Bam! Sleepaway camp experience!
(Yes my toddler just had bisli in her bed, and I’m not mad about it because honestly it was the best idea ever. Why couldn’t I think of that? Yum!)

soap suds

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 2:14 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Now if only you can come up with a way to avoid the banging on the door in the wee hours of the morning... Or should I just call it room service? Laugh

Success10

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 3:00 am
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
Lol! During the long winter, whenever I come across the sunblock, I have this urge to inhale the smell deeply to remind me of sunny pool days.

My post was inspired by a real life incident a few days ago where my kids got a hold of spray sunblock from the cabinet and sprayed it everywhere, and I was cleaning it angrily, but then I was so soothed by the smell, like "beeeeaaaach".

Ora in town

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 7:56 am
I have less veggie leftovers, less leftovers in general, because I go to the store less frequently. So I use things up before I buy new. Actually not bad...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics