Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Corona & teenagers

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 4:36 am
with corona restrictions in Israel, how do you keep your teanagers sain?

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 4:48 am
My DD is not in Israel, but she has friends all around the world. One of her best friends lives in Sweden, and another in London.

She does video chats with them, and they do multiplayer video games where they can talk while they are playing. Animal Crossing is a very cute interactive game, very kosher.

Minecraft is also good, and very popular with boys as well as girls. You can build by yourself, or have friends join you.

chanchy123

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 4:51 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
with corona restrictions in Israel, how do you keep your teanagers sain?

In Israel? They can hang out outside with friends as long as they keep their distance. I’m pretty sure it’s ok to hang out inside as well, they’re going back to school tomorrow, who shouldn’t they meet up with friends now? As long as there is no touching, keep distance frequent hand washing.

jerusalem90

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 7:22 am
For the last two weeks everything has been peachy 😀 Before that *I* was going insane.

I'm not a teenager, but once they let you go unlimited distance for sport, I was fine. Now's the Time to take up biking, roller blading, etc.

Also a lot of babysitting jobs to be had right now.

ora_43

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 8:18 am
Davka for teenagers I found it easier, they and their friends can chat online.

But much easier now, since they can meet up face to face. I'm still discouraging indoor meetings, but meeting up outside is OK as long as they take the usual precautions.

Aylat

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 8:25 am
I'm finding that now the restrictions have loosened, the teenagers are more worrying than the younger kids. I teach in a high school and today was the first full day back. They're not careful about wearing masks or keeping a distance. They hug their friends. One even took off the cover from the closed cooler to drink! Banging head We're really trying to drill it into their heads - some kids without masks were sent home - but teens think they're invulnerable, and they don't internalise the information. All teens know drink-driving can be fatal, but some will still do it, convinced that nothing will happen to *them*.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics