Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Thank you hashem

blessedflower

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 12:44 am
Just sharing. I had a very stressful 2 days and I was begging hashem for a yeshua. B''h this morning I was helped. I'm so happy I want to scream from the top of my lungs THANKS YOU HASHEM, THANK YOU HASHEM, THANK YOU HASHEM!!!

nanny24/7

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 1:04 am
Wow!
Thanks so much for sharing!
I am happy/relieved for you.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 1:09 am
My glasses broke, and I found out that to replace them it would cost 5,000 shekels. To put that in perspective, that's almost 2 months rent. I have an extremely complicated prescription. I paid it, but had no idea how I was going to recover the money. I figured, "Hashem will provide!"

2 days later, I got a call that I need to come back to work, and instead of part time, I'm getting full time hours. B'H, I am so happy!!!

I'll be even happier when my new glasses arrive. Nerd

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 10:42 am
After work I stopped at the makolet to get a few things, and got carried away because they had just restocked a bunch of stuff I'd been looking for. I also couldn't resist two fat avocados, even though the cost a small fortune.

I got to the register, and my card was declined. Sad I gave her 200 shekels, all I had on me, and asked her to try and run the balance through my card. That was declined too. embarrassed I told the girl who was checking me out that if she'd hold my cart, I'd walk home and come back with the money.

Then the guy behind me, who was only buying a stack of pita, said something in rapid Hebrew. I figured he wanted to just pay and leave while I sorted myself out. (Common courtesy says you always let the person with one item jump ahead of you if you have a lot of stuff.)

Instead, the girl turned to me and said "He wants to pay for all your groceries." Surprised I had to have her repeat it several times, because I still wasn't sure he meant "all". My cart was FULL! Yes, he meant all. He insisted, and paid for his pita at the same time.

On his way out he said something else in Hebrew. The girl turned to me and said "He wants to thank you for giving him such a big mitzvah."

If my job hadn't let me out a half an hour early, I would have missed this. If I had decided to go straight home, instead of shop for the salsa that my employer is craving, I would have missed this. If I had gotten in line behind this guy instead of in front of him, I would have missed this.

Hashem is with me! Very Happy

(BTW, if this guy wasn't wearing a knitted kippah, you never would have known that he was religious. Don't judge someone just because they don't look like your flavor of Jewish. You never know who the 36 Tzadakim are.)

emzod42

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 10:45 am
Beautiful stories!!! Love this thread! Thank you Hashem!

Stars

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 10:52 am
5000 shekel for glasses???? Are they made of pure gold?

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 10:57 am
Stars wrote:
5000 shekel for glasses???? Are they made of pure gold?

The frames were only 350. I seriously can't see a thing these days. You're supposed to get your eyes examined and get a new prescription if needed, every two years.

It's been over 5 years now, and I ain't getting any younger.

blessedflower

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 11:43 am
Waw thanks FF for sharing. Amazing!

Stars

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 11:47 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
The frames were only 350. I seriously can't see a thing these days. You're supposed to get your eyes examined and get a new prescription if needed, every two years.

It's been over 5 years now, and I ain't getting any younger.

Wow. I guess I'm shocked because over the years me and my family have needed some custom lenses but never to the tune of that much. I'm assuming there's no insurance coverage?
I'm really glad you got your income back!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics