Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Israelis: Anyone NOT sending back to school yet??

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 11:03 am
Most of my son's first grade class will be going back to school tomorrow. Am I the only one that is doesn't want to send??

DrMom

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 11:13 am
I'm more concerned about the HEAT than corona this week.

They are required to leave the windows open and (from 4th grade +) wear masks. Sounds stifling.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 11:18 am
The family I work for will not be sending their 4yo back to gan (even though she would love it.)

An illness would be devastating for many reasons. They haven't had the virus yet, so no antibodies. They have a very young baby in the home. They are very dependent on the father being able to work full time and finish college. It's just too risky at the moment.

blessedflower

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 11:40 am
I'm not sending yet. Waiting to see how things will evaluate

Elfrida

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 12:16 pm
DrMom wrote:
I'm more concerned about the HEAT than corona this week.

They are required to leave the windows open and (from 4th grade +) wear masks. Sounds stifling.

The education ministry/teachers have basically said the masks are impossible in this heat and have asked the health ministry to reevaluate whether they are really required.

The sharav is due to break on Friday. What so you think the chances are of getting a decision by then?

twizzlers1

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 12:17 pm
I was planning on sending for the first day tomorrow but now with this heat wave I'm not so sure it's a good idea. air conditioning in my son's class was not working so well before the summer so I'm not sure it's worth taking a chance if they're going to make the kids keep on masks. they're going to have to take them off to eat because he actually has a pretty full day till 1:00 so I really don't understand their thought process.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 12:27 pm
I'm not

sidewalkchalk

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 12:33 pm
I'm not. Waiting this week out, and then will see how the numbers in our area are doing. BH my kids are doing okay at home.

Ridethewaves

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 12:42 pm
We’re waiting for another week at least. Dont know for what? Bad news? Good news? No news? Feels like I’m in a dr. Seuss book. Everyone is just waiting.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 12:50 pm
understand that there is a new situation going on now, more then 100 children and the numbers are rising are getting covid related kawasaki disease. they are sure its related the children coming to the hospital are not showing signs of corona but heart issues and body shutting down, sepsis. its pretty scary. and because of the unknown this has on children where it didnt have any effect people are cautious. and understandbly so. where I live pp dont care and opening school without govt allowance and doing it secretly and the parents are just fed up and are not following guidelines. I would rather what is going on in israel. then where I live. im the only parent that is against it. everyone else says that most pp had it and theres no new cases and blah.......blah blah.....

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 1:18 pm
I sent. I'd rather not get Corona, but it's sounding more and more like an inevitability to get it sometime. We're a young family so probably wouldn't need hospitalization, but if we did, now would be a good time when the hospitals are currently underwhelmed with Corona patients.

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 1:49 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
understand that there is a new situation going on now, more then 100 children and the numbers are rising are getting covid related kawasaki disease. they are sure its related the children coming to the hospital are not showing signs of corona but heart issues and body shutting down, sepsis. its pretty scary. and because of the unknown this has on children where it didnt have any effect people are cautious. and understandbly so. where I live pp dont care and opening school without govt allowance and doing it secretly and the parents are just fed up and are not following guidelines. I would rather what is going on in israel. then where I live. im the only parent that is against it. everyone else says that most pp had it and theres no new cases and blah.......blah blah.....

where do you get the number 100? In israel its 3

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 4:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Most of my son's first grade class will be going back to school tomorrow. Am I the only one that is doesn't want to send??

The Gerrer Rebbe said not to send

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 4:12 pm
I sent my gan aged kids. The others don't have school yet.

Leahh

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 6:10 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:

They can't prove a correlation between Covid and PMIS (its not Kawasaki, its similar). Less than half the children that have PMIS tested positive for COVID.
They are using the same precautions but do not know that the two are related.
They also do not know whether it is contagious or not. It does not seem to be. But again, can't prove it yet so they are taking precautions.
The death rate is significantly lower bh.
Most cases are in the US.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children