Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Bar Mitzvah boys

keym

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 2:03 pm
https://www.thebigbarmitzvah.com/

I just want to put this out and pass it around.
For all boys whose Bar Mitzva's are being affected.
A huge event with speakers, singers, the boys learning to make a siyum, all for when it will be safe iyh.

My son was so excited when I showed him this.

keym

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 7:13 pm
Just wanted to bump this up to spread this news.
I'd love to make this Bar Mitzvah as special as possible for all the boys whose dream was dashed.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 8:22 pm
Thank you for posting this. My son's bar Mitzva is tonight. He is being a real champ about the postponement of the Seuda and really deserves a treat like this.

keym

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 9:08 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Thank you for posting this. My son's bar Mitzva is tonight. He is being a real champ about the postponement of the Seuda and really deserves a treat like this.

Mazel Tov. My son's Bar Mitzvah is not until the end of June so we're still hoping we'll be able to do something for him.
But he was so looking forward to his Bar Mitzvah year. And he is so stressed. He doesn't really want to practice his laining cuz what's the point etc etc.
He was really happy when I told him that we can do this if we can't do something special.

mig100

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 9:21 pm
Beautiful idea!!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 9:31 pm
Can’t stop watching this mother’s creative idea
https://www.instagram.com/p/B_.....econ1

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 12:44 am
Thank you for posting

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 1:06 am
keym wrote:
Mazel Tov. My son's Bar Mitzvah is not until the end of June so we're still hoping we'll be able to do something for him.
But he was so looking forward to his Bar Mitzvah year. And he is so stressed. He doesn't really want to practice his laining cuz what's the point etc etc.
He was really happy when I told him that we can do this if we can't do something special.

I keep thinking about all the Bar Mitzvah boys and their laining. I know how hard my son practiced for his!
However, I want to add that that his Bar Mitzvah was October 2017, and each of the 2 years since he has lained his Parsha again! It's a big deal for him...and a special anniversary. We even sponsor a small shul kiddush each year.
So, maybe the Bar Mitzvah boys this year can lain theirs next and do a special Anniversary, with a kiddush or other celebration.

keym

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 9:14 pm
I just wanted to bump this up.
Motzei Shabbos, they had a beautiful Zoom event. A kumzitz and gameshow.
They announced that of course this isn't the real event, but we're celebrating all the Bar Mitzvah Corona Heroes with a little celebration until it's safe to really celebrate.

They randomly interviewed boys. My son felt very supported and less alone by listening to boys in Baltimore, Toronto, Chicago, Brooklyn, all talking about porch seudos, Zoom "laining", drive by Kiddush.

If you know anyone who's bar mitzvah is affected by Corona, let them know.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics