Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
How have your husbands been "stepping up"
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 3:58 pm
How has your husband shifted responsibilities since being home 24/7? (please only respond if you are both home 24/7, I don't mean this for parents working outside of the home.)

rachel0615

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 4:05 pm
I dont know if this applies to us. We used to both work outside the home. Now both working from home. He helped me then and is helping me now.

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 4:07 pm
He unofficially took over all the childcare or at least the bulk of it.

He also cooks dinner a lot and gets the older kids to pitch in to clean up every so often.

amother
Green

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 4:09 pm
What is the point of this thread

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 4:14 pm
I'm curious to know how things have changed since being home all day. How have the home chores been balanced out between both parents being home working from home or not.

Also, is it just my husband that gets frustrated at the "pisom v'ramseis" everyday that no matter how much cleaning is done, it just gets undone the next day?

chocolate moose

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 4:35 pm
I have traded serving coffee and ordering lunch for the office to doing so at home. Annoying.

tichellady

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 4:39 pm
He hasn’t!

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 4:57 pm
I don't work, and my husband is working. What changed is he is helping me with the housework since we can't have a clearing lady. It's a fulltime job keeping my house clean, and I am not able to keep up with the house. We're a team working hard together to get it done.

DrMom

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 5:05 pm
DH is back at work now, but when he was unable to work and I was working full-time from home, he and the kids did 90% of the cleaning and cooking, including Pesach preparation.

He was amazing.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 5:20 pm
tichellady wrote:
He hasn’t!

Omg same! Not in an annoying way- just hes kept very busy from his schooling and im currently unemployed

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 5:21 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:

I agree. hate these threads.

perhaps a better one would have been 'how are your kids stepping up?' if yes....

amother
Oak

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 5:26 pm
my husband and daighter had caronavirus
the dishes from pesahc are in a box but not put away

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 8:19 pm
By sleeping in until noon, eating up everything in the house, making a racket during his waking hours so nobody can study properly, taking showers twice a day, and ignoring my babies’ cries while I work from home....

ShishKabob

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 8:20 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
this

amother
Green

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 8:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm curious to know how things have changed since being home all day. How have the home chores been balanced out between both parents being home working from home or not.

Also, is it just my husband that gets frustrated at the "pisom v'ramseis" everyday that no matter how much cleaning is done, it just gets undone the next day?

I guess this just hit my stuff. I'm not feeling well and my husband has not been helping out. Makes me sad. And reading about everyone's awesome husband makes me....jealous

amother
Lime

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 8:23 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
my husband and daighter had caronavirus
the dishes from pesahc are in a box but not put away

I’m only liking your status, not because I like that that’s happening to you, but because I somewhat relate to the flyingness of it all right now! It’s just crazy times all around.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 9:48 pm
Helping with errands, especially when I was sick and couldn’t go out. And it was erev Pesach and I needed grocery items daily. Helping with childcare, especially making sure the kids do their phone conferences and schoolwork. That’s a biggie for me. Helps out by bath time and bedtime, we do it as a team, before corona I did it solo. Goes so much smoother and quicker with a second pair of hands. Oh and he handles most of the kids bickering and fighting, I have no patience and he’s a better disciplinarian than me. About a week After Pesach he needed to go back to work. I was so sad when that honeymoon was over. He still makes it home in time for bedtime though.

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 10:19 pm
He takes the kids during his 2.5 hour lunch break so I can eat and get some work done.

amother
Black

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 10:58 pm
My dh has not been dealing with this well at all. He's probably helping less with the kids and house than he used to.

tichellady

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 11:35 pm
Ok to be fair my husband did start to do grocery shopping and is doing more at home now but compared to what I have to do it doesn’t feel like very much- but I guess I should acknowledge that he is doing some things and more than he used to
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics