Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Serial in the ami- chava and shulem
  1  2  3  28  29  30  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 9:30 pm
What was your reaction with how the story ended this week? Now , no heart beat. Another sad addition to the story. Im waiting to hear about shulam's sise of his story, its taking too long to hear the bottom of it all . Who enjoys the story still, and who not??

amother
Green

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 9:35 pm
The weekly segments are way too short. It’s annoying. Still enjoying it tho but wish they’d make it double as long.

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 9:50 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
The weekly segments are way too short. It’s annoying. Still enjoying it tho but wish they’d make it double as long.

The segments aren’t short, it’s just that they’re too drawn out.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 10:01 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
The segments aren’t short, it’s just that they’re too drawn out.

Someone wrote in this week that its too short they should make it longer, tho I dont know if will help. Very short in my opinion.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 11:18 pm
Yes, not shocked about the heartbeat...(maybe because I had it 3 times)

Anyways, why not add drama to a fictional serial?

I enjoy reading it, but its silly to wait a week to hear one tiny detail. Its also too much of just going around in circles...its time to get to some points already...

rainbow dash

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 12:57 am
Are there really such controlling parents in real life? Why are her parents pushing for a get without asking for her opinion?

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 1:29 am
This serial drives me mad. I got so mad at her. Why is she so passive? Never heard of people being like this irl. I guess because I'm so vocal... Also the father. She needs to be home but they will not tell her why. And this drawn out I also don't like. still I read it every week..

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 4:29 am
Opinion in our house is that her father set-up her husband in order to precipitate their divorce. . .

rainbow dash

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 4:35 am
[quote="amother [ Sapphire ]"]Opinion in our house is that her father set-up her husband in order to precipitate their divorce. . .[/quote

So why marry them off in the first place? What's wrong with this guy that the father hates him so much?

paintbrush

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 5:43 am
This story makes me so upset. I think everyone is acting very impulsively
. The parents are acting crazy controlling; deciding her divorce for her, not letting her leave the house or go to a doctors appointment alone. And Chava was acting like a real brat when she was in Israel. She was obnoxious to her husband and sister in law. And she impulsively decided to go back when she thought her husband started the campaign, as if it’s just a small fight with her husband not a major life decision!
The part with the heartbeat made me upset because I know that the parents will use it to convince her that she has no reason to go back.
I’m really enjoying the story but it gets me so worked up even though I know it’s not true. Every week I put it down mad at someone in the story Wink

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 7:48 am
[quote="rainbow dash"]
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
Opinion in our house is that her father set-up her husband in order to precipitate their divorce. . .[/quote

So why marry them off in the first place? What's wrong with this guy that the father hates him so much?

Maybe parents started to get the idea that he refuses to be bought by their money and be their puppet (I,e, eat all meals at their house, come and go - as they say, etc.). . . Maybe, they think that with their money, they can get someone they find more agreeable/compliant, but they needed an excuse to get Chava to agree - and so they would not come out looking like the bad guys . . .

amother
Violet

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 7:53 am
What doesn't make sense in this whole story is that DH is so opposed to taking money because they control you, but he married Chava. There is absolutely no way this wouldn't have crossed his mind before getting married, and an ounce of checking it out would've confirmed.
if this is in his blood, the way it is described now, with his uncle, he would never have married Chava in the first place. There is no way to reconcile this.
I still read it because I'm drawn in.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 7:58 am
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
What doesn't make sense in this whole story is that DH is so opposed to taking money because they control you, but he married Chava. There is absolutely no way this wouldn't have crossed his mind before getting married, and an ounce of checking it out would've confirmed.
if this is in his blood, the way it is described now, with his uncle, he would never have married Chava in the first place. There is no way to reconcile this.
I still read it because I'm drawn in.

I think the opposite, he got drawn subconsciously into a similar dynamic. I think it was his uncle that is responsible for the drugs.

Zehava

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 9:28 am
Anyone thinks her parents slipped her some abortion pills? Or is that too scandalous

amother
Oak

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 9:34 am
Zehava wrote:
Anyone thinks her parents slipped her some abortion pills? Or is that too scandalous

Way too scandalous and that’s not how those work.

tigerwife

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 9:38 am
Zehava wrote:

Too scandalous for Ami but I actually heard about this in real life.

I won’t say I don’t read the story but there literally isn’t a single likeable, relatable character written in it.

rainbow dash

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 9:39 am
Zehava wrote:

She probably lost it cause of all the stress

suremom

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 9:41 am
2 things.
1- Why wasnt this vacation scheduled for straight after mikva? how was she able to feel so sick so soon? If it was 2 weeks after gestation wasnt she anticipating a cycle? I would go on vacay like that....

2- assuming she was 2 weeks pregnant when she arrived, plus upto 2 weeks she was at shifras, 4 weeks is too early to detect heartbeat.

Something doesnt add up...

rainbow dash

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 9:41 am
And this whole idea about people controlling grown adults is disturbing and disgusting. Is he controlling all his kids like that? Why do some people do that? And why are some people seem to be ok being controlled?

amother
Blush

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 12:02 pm
suremom wrote:
2 things.
1- Why wasnt this vacation scheduled for straight after mikva? how was she able to feel so sick so soon? If it was 2 weeks after gestation wasnt she anticipating a cycle? I would go on vacay like that....

2- assuming she was 2 weeks pregnant when she arrived, plus upto 2 weeks she was at shifras, 4 weeks is too early to detect heartbeat.

Something doesnt add up...

Wow, your period must run like clockwork. Mine ranges from 35 to 54 to as much as 80 days.... I know I'm pregnant when I feel nausea.
Page 1 of 30   1  2  3  28  29  30  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room