Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Covid-19 and Blood Types
Previous  1  2

What blood type are you & did you have covid-19?
A and I had covid-19  
 14%  [ 22 ]
B and I had covid-19  
 3%  [ 5 ]
AB and I had covid-19  
 4%  [ 7 ]
O and I had covid-19  
 9%  [ 14 ]
A and I did not have covid-19  
 26%  [ 40 ]
B and I did not have covid-19  
 12%  [ 18 ]
AB and I did not have covid-19  
 2%  [ 3 ]
O and I did not have covid-19  
 24%  [ 37 ]
Test  
 2%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 149

amother
Orange

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 9:09 am
my husband and children all have a
my husbaqnd and dauhgter caugt it me aqnd me other daughter did nit \

my dad has 0 and died from it

Tzutzie

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 9:11 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Two possibilities: it wasn't covid (I also got sick before, no antibodies, so likely a different illness)

It was covid and we do expect there to have been community spread before someone got seriously sick as no one knew where he got it from so presumably it was around before and no one realized

I had all covid symptoms except pneumonia and a high fever. Almost everything listed.
It was the nastiest longest most difficult "cold" I've ever had.
What made me first realize that it must have been covid was the loss of sense of smell.
At the time, I thought I was pregnant. Because I've never been so sick so long, only in pregnancy. And then I learned my entire in-law family was sick with some "nasty nasty cold going around".....
My son was also sick at the time. The ped didn't even swab him just said that rsv like virus is going around. And it'll take up to 2 weeks, to keep using saline with a nebulizer and keep nursing/hydrating him.....

Btw, I just checked my messages, we started feeling sick end of february.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 9:44 am
gibberish wrote:
Results may be skewed, since certain blood type are more common than others

Yes, I think around 50% of the world population is type O?

amother
Red

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 9:52 am
there is a difference between the blood types there is negative and positive im A negative my husband and kids are all A positive

youngishbear

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 11:22 am
OP, the two studies done on the question of blood type and Covid showed a somewhat higher risk in those with A+ blood type, but people with all blood types got sick. I'm not sure what an informal poll will reveal.

I don't know either way because I haven't had symptoms since February (and that could have been the flu, or Covid, who knows) and I'm not sure whether an antibody test is worth the hassle.

amother
Coral

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 11:31 am
I have blood type B. I don't know if I did or didn't have it. DH went to work and to shul where e/o was sick and to learn with his chavrusa who had it. I went to the grocery and to visit my mother and my grandmother and my siblings who all had it. My kids mostly kept to themselves. Did we get a mild case? Did we not get it at all? dunno.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 11:52 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
cant you see that your way thinks of noone but yourself and has the potential of hurting so many!
a little patience. my 86 year old mom is patiently waiting for just a little more research, a little more time so that hopefullt ahe doesnt.become a statistic. she stays in as much as possible however sometimes an appointment out is necessary. Is it so hard to wear a mask when out on a crowded street so that my mom.and many.other peoples moms can live to see another day and be protected from dying alone and gasping on a ventilator? does your need to crowd with others as you handpick a new shavuos wardrobe , or your shavuos flowers really.override the lives of the vulnerable who you may be putting at risk by possibly increasing disease transmission? Notice I say; possibly; since the data is so new that nothing can be proven 1 way or another. but 1 way is selfish and possibly murderous and the other requireS just a bit of mild hardship for a little more time. your behavior takes the pursuit of instant gratification to a whole new level

Who's talking about Shavuous flowers or robes?
I said we lived NORMAL. Bought groceries, kids played with friends, and we went to work...

Do you think we dont have elderly grandparents on both sides? One of them wanted to come to us, and we invited him for supper...he never felt sick, and when he tested, he actually unknowingly had antibodies..

This thread is not about me doing right or wrong, (which I anyways feel I did no wrong in any way). You may think otherwise, but it is irrelevant here.

I was giving my input on my blood type and the exposure, sharing that despite the myth about blood type A being 'worse', we never felt any symptoms..

gold21

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 11:59 am
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
Who's talking about Shavuous flowers or robes?
I said we lived NORMAL. Bought groceries, kids played with friends, and we went to work...

Do you think we dont have elderly grandparents on both sides? One of them wanted to come to us, and we invited him for supper...he never felt sick, and when he tested, he actually unknowingly had antibodies..

This thread is not about me doing right or wrong, (which I anyways feel I did no wrong in any way). You may think otherwise, but it is irrelevant here.

I was giving my input on my blood type and the exposure, sharing that despite the myth about blood type A being 'worse', we never felt any symptoms..

Our conversation was removed from this thread.

thanks

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 12:30 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
Bc my husband had to work, and ppl there had it.
He went to shul bc his rabbi didnt close it.
Kids refused to stay locked up, and neighbors were knocking on our door.
I had to buy food for my kids, so I had to go to the store.
My daughter worked in Urgent Care, so she dealt with patients who had it.
We didnt engage in spreading the illness. We just lived normal. Noone around us got sick.

I'm aware many sadly died...are u trying to blame me for that?

Anyways I was just being honest to OPs poll.

There are so many reasons why you in particular should have been following guidelines.
1. Because your husband was going to work
2. After going to work and being exposed he went to shul? Seriously?
3. Did you let your neighbors know that your husband and daughter go out to work?
4. We all need to buy food. Either order for delivery, or wear a mask when in the store. (you didn't mention if you did or not.)
5. Your daughter works in urgent care.
6. You don't know if what you've done spread the virus to anyone. However, anypne that stays home, is actively stopping the spread.
7. Thanks for your honesty, but it doesn't change anything.

I tested positive for the virus 3 weeks ago. Had I let people come visit me, I could've easily spread it to others.

STAY HOME, STOP THE SPREAD!

gold21

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 12:33 pm
I'm just wondering why Maroon Amother's reply about her choice to "live normally" was left in this thread, but my comments were removed. Both are equally irrelevant to this thread, and should be removed (or left in) together.

I'm hoping it's not any sort of bias on the part of the moderator towards making unsafe choices....

If the conversation should be removed from this thread, which it probably should be, then remove the whole thing. Thanks.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 1:19 pm
gold21 wrote:
I'm just wondering why Maroon Amother's reply about her choice to "live normally" was left in this thread, but my comments were removed. Both are equally irrelevant to this thread, and should be removed (or left in) together.

I'm hoping it's not any sort of bias on the part of the moderator towards making unsafe choices....

If the conversation should be removed from this thread, which it probably should be, then remove the whole thing. Thanks.

I did NOT make any unsafe choices. Wrong. I wore a mask to grocery, bc they mandate it.

My husband went to work bc his job is mandatory.

He went to shul bc his rav has a big shul, spread out enough, and he kept it open. It was 10 ppl 6 ft apart (his rav is over 70 btw) and he follows his rav...

My kids played with neighbors, bc we share hallways anyways..and I didnt think its safer for them to be locked up for so long.

You don't have to agree with how I did it, but its a free country. Nothing was done illegally.

Einikel

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 1:22 pm
I have high antibodies no covid symptoms retrospectively I had a sore throat for a few days. A+ Blood type
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics