Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Lakewood high school - chassidish. Need recommendations
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 7:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Anyone have the numbers from Bnos leah and ateres nechama please. t least let me try applying
Would you say Bnos bina is a considered a good school for elementary & matches this high school?

Ateres Nechama is officially the high school of Bnos Bina. Though girls from Bnos Bina go to both.
You have more of an option of chassidish elementary schools than high schools.

amother
Puce

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 9:00 pm
I have a question that is a bit unrelated but I’m thinking that the ladies on this thread might have answers.

I heard that Bais Bracha opened in Lakewood and I’m curious to know more about it. Same style as in ny? Anyone has info about it?

amother
Brown

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 9:19 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Schools are not supposed to accept any girl that applies. They have a right to pick and choose.
I wouldn't send my kids to a school that accepts anyone that applies.

it seems like girls are judged and not accepted based on the school they're coming from..

keym

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 9:22 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
it seems like girls are judged and not accepted based on the school they're coming from..

I can't say for this specific school.
But some Lakewood schools are known to not have good academics, and the high schools have had really bad experiences with alumni being very unprepared.
So they aren't really motivated to accept more students from that school.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 9:25 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:

Maybe they've had an issue with girls from that school that they decided not to accept girls from there. We can't know.

amother
Brown

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 9:27 pm
keym wrote:
I can't say for this specific school.
But some Lakewood schools are known to not have good academics, and the high schools have had really bad experiences with alumni being very unprepared.
So they aren't really motivated to accept more students from that school.

makes a lot of sense!
Thanks for explaining!

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 9:56 pm
I'm a longtime Bais Rochel/Bais Leah parent. I actually have a daughter in Ateres as well.

First of all, OP as everyone says, your daughter will go wherever she's accepted and brace yourself for a hard time in both BL & Ateres. you probably dont have a choice and will have to send to Belz if you only have a 9th grader.

Second, unfortunately the atmosphere change my dds talk about all the time. except they dont refer to them as belzer but as Oak&Vine girls. basically the current 10th grade got about 20 newcomers (out of 60) and they changed the tone. something along the line of more materialistic not so Torahdig, no connection to the yeshiva. They really resent it.

Lastly, when compared to Lakewood, all the chassidishe bp schools are in the same category. except for Satmar which is even more extreme. all are culture shocks. be prepared.

To the person who keeps on asking Bnos Penina. Good luck in HS. BL and ATeres dont even consider them as a school to accept from. maybe things will change because so many newcomers ended up there.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 10:54 pm
Amother khaki, since you have daughters in both, what would you say is the difference between the two? Also, is this issue with the boro parkers prevalent in both?

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 2:31 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
I'm a longtime Bais Rochel/Bais Leah parent. I actually have a daughter in Ateres as well.

First of all, OP as everyone says, your daughter will go wherever she's accepted and brace yourself for a hard time in both BL & Ateres. you probably dont have a choice and will have to send to Belz if you only have a 9th grader.

Second, unfortunately the atmosphere change my dds talk about all the time. except they dont refer to them as belzer but as Oak&Vine girls. basically the current 10th grade got about 20 newcomers (out of 60) and they changed the tone. something along the line of more materialistic not so Torahdig, no connection to the yeshiva. They really resent it.

Lastly, when compared to Lakewood, all the chassidishe bp schools are in the same category. except for Satmar which is even more extreme. all are culture shocks. be prepared.

To the person who keeps on asking Bnos Penina. Good luck in HS. BL and ATeres dont even consider them as a school to accept from. maybe things will change because so many newcomers ended up there.

If lakewood society does not lump all non-shtreimels together why are they lumping all shtreimel wearers into one mold ( and assuming they belong in the above mentioned schools.)
wake up and differentiate between an apple and an orange.
It is a recipe for disaster.
some of these so called chasidim could be placed in schools where the kids watch movies.
some of these so called chasidim belong in schools where the parent body is litvish but will chas vshalom not want to be identified as too chareidi and always call themselves "open-minded"
On the other hand, some chasidim are more like the very temimsudig yeshivish.
Its a spectrum.
It is hardly a secret that the bp people are a whole are today are very chasidish , very mesorahidig and very connected to their rebbes...
Many bp retail store owners have stopped bringing in ritzy brand names because that crowd is literally gone......

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 3:44 pm
I would like to chime in as a Bais Leah/Bais Rochel parent and very close to the yiddish principal of Bais Leah.
(and I would like to correct misinformations on this thread)
A) She is not leaving in the end-and she is a wonderful woman who many girls testifies turned their life around in a positive way
B) it is not so much 'Lakewood Chassidish' in that it is yeshivish, it is much more of a mix and many families are balebatishe families-hence it is more 'ritzy'
C) they specifically avoid as much as possible taking BP girls due to bad experiences they've had
D) it is a wonderful, warm school that focuses on every girl and bh have been very very successful
E) most girls (the older grades) love love it, and my post-high daughter and her friends are constantly talking about it and reminiscing fondly-to quote, "BL is more than a school, it's a family"
F) to date, I do not believe that they've accepted any Bnos Penina girls
G) I know firsthand a few Bais Rochel girls who've been rejected. Just because it is "a sister school" it does not guarantee acceptance.
It is very worth it to apply. Be aware it is extremely hard to get into.
I hope this helps! B'Hatzlacha!

amother
Wine

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 3:46 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
I would like to chime in as a Bais Leah/Bais Rochel parent and very close to the yiddish principal of Bais Leah.
(and I would like to correct misinformations on this thread)
A) She is not leaving in the end-and she is a wonderful woman who many girls testifies turned their life around in a positive way
B) it is not so much 'Lakewood Chassidish' in that it is yeshivish, it is much more of a mix and many families are balebatishe families-hence it is more 'ritzy'
C) they specifically avoid as much as possible taking BP girls due to bad experiences they've had
D) it is a wonderful, warm school that focuses on every girl and bh have been very very successful
E) most girls (the older grades) love love it, and my post-high daughter and her friends are constantly talking about it and reminiscing fondly-to quote, "BL is more than a school, it's a family"
F) to date, I do not believe that they've accepted any Bnos Penina girls
G) I know firsthand a few Bais Rochel girls who've been rejected. Just because it is "a sister school" it does not guarantee acceptance.
It is very worth it to apply. Be aware it is extremely hard to get into.
I hope this helps! B'Hatzlacha!

Personally I know 1 BP girl who was accepted several years ago (a week into school), who's sister also goes.

sra

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 3:47 pm
Bais Bracha is opening elementary school starting with one grade Primary I believe.
The principal is Mrs. Tzurty Friedman, longtime second grade teacher in Bais rochel, director and owner of Teen Time

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Nov 08 2022, 11:26 pm
amother Amber wrote:
This one is tough. Bnos Penina doesn't have the most amazing name (sorry!) so there are some high schools that won't take a girl from there even if she's the most amazing kid! Most Bnos Penina girls (current 9th graders) were accepted to Bnos Bais Yaakov and Bais Kaila despite not even applying there. I only know one Bnos Penina girl that got into a certain high school because her sibling was there.

I just saw this and feel the need to correct this.
Last years bnos penina 8th grade has a lot of girls in chedvas, and lots of girls in BBY.
There are girls that ended up in oros, bais kaila, aderes, bnos basya, bais faiga, bais leah, maayan, and possibly more schools.
Every girl got into h.s. on time.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Nov 08 2022, 11:42 pm
amother Amber wrote:
Hi from another longtime parent of Bais Rochel. Wave

OP can take it with a bucket of salt but this is my perspective. Do you send to Bais Leah? If you don't have high school age kids then you aren't a longtime parent so you don't remember the "before."

is bais rochel the same idea as bais leah?
the owner of Bais Rochel claims he can't take in any bybp girls(talking about a heimish frum family like nutral chasidish) his school caters to bobov, vien, bais sura etc... so why can't op's daughter blend in there?
The girl he wouldn't accept is now in a very good sought after school but becoming more and more modern everyday

amother
Heather

Post Wed, Nov 09 2022, 12:11 am
amother Powderblue wrote:
is bais rochel the same idea as bais leah?
the owner of Bais Rochel claims he can't take in any bybp girls(talking about a heimish frum family like nutral chasidish) his school caters to bobov, vien, bais sura etc... so why can't op's daughter blend in there?
The girl he wouldn't accept is now in a very good sought after school but becoming more and more modern everyday

I would hope op's daughter is in a school by now, it's been 2 1/2 years...

amother
Starflower

Post Wed, Nov 09 2022, 1:57 am
amother Mistyrose wrote:
Last years bnos penina 8th grade has a lot of girls in chedvas, and lots of girls in BBY.
There are girls that ended up in oros, bais kaila, aderes, bnos basya, bais faiga, bais leah, maayan, and possibly more schools.

That is not true about every girl in that class getting into high school on time.
One girl got in now after yomim tovim.
Another 2 girls got in a week into the school year.

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Nov 09 2022, 7:03 am
amother Heather wrote:
I would hope op's daughter is in a school by now, it's been 2 1/2 years...

that wasn't the point...
a.prinicipal claims he is on par to chashidish bp schools (so why were ppl worried that op's daughter wouldn't do well there
b. is the hs and elementry same crowd and hashkafa because this was told to elementry parent by the principal. That he knows the girl and family are very fine and erlich but his school only accepts from bnos tzion etc...

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Nov 09 2022, 7:37 am
amother Starflower wrote:
That is not true about every girl in that class getting into high school on time.
One girl got in now after yomim tovim.
Another 2 girls got in a week into the school year.

Oh wow.
I didn't know that.
I originally heard this from my neighbors..

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Wed, Nov 09 2022, 8:14 am
amother Mistyrose wrote:
You realize that last year would be 2 years after they posted.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries