Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
17 month old not walking yet

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 11:22 am
Anyone else have or had a 17 month old not walking yet? I’m very worried why he’s so delayed. All his milestones have been on time and only this he’s been delayed. Took him to pediatrician she said everything was normal and he went for physiotherapy said will take some time and need to practice cruising etc but now it’s getting quite frustrating as I feel I’m getting nowhere. He is able to stand and walk your hand but will not let go. He can’t stand on his own only holding on. Any suggestions from previous experience ? How can I boost him to start walking getting so worried.

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 11:41 am
The normal is between one year and 18months.
And some walk even after 18 months.
I recommend you "what to Expect the first year"from Heidi Murkoff,
Arlene Eisenberg &Sandee Hathaway

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 11:46 am
My son didnt start until 18 months. He barely even crawled. My first so I actually got him pt. At 18 months he needed stitches on his hand so it hurt for him to slide around so he picked himself up and walked! Hes now almost 5 and doesnt stop moving!! I say he doesnt walk now. He dances lol

tichellady

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 11:47 am
My child started walking at 20 months and is just fine. Don’t rush him, he will walk when he’s ready

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 11:50 am
Late walkers are the best! Because they’re smart! They’re more aware of their surroundings and have better sense of safety than younger babies. Let him develop at Jiang own pace!

sky

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 1:20 pm
My oldest walked soon after 18 months.

yersp

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 1:50 pm
Did you check his ears ? A friend of mine had that with her daughter. The dr was telling her all is fine and very reluctantly gave her a referral to an ENT. Guess what? She needed tubes. The day after getting them she literally started walking. For a child that needs tubes it's like being underwater.
Check his ears by an ENT.

Last edited by yersp on Mon, May 18 2020, 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Tan

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 1:51 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
The normal is between one year and 18months.
And some walk even after 18 months.
I recommend you "what to Expect the first year"from Heidi Murkoff,
Arlene Eisenberg &Sandee Hathaway

98% of *normal* children walk by 18 months.
Which means that 2% of children, with nothing wrong them, are NOT walking by 18 months, and that doesn’t mean their delayed!

(My child wasn’t walking at 18 months, I did lots of research)

He did have PT, and he’s doing great now BH

Classicookie

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 2:09 pm
My 18 month old is not walking yet he has taken a few steps starting about a week ago . but my pediatrician was concerned by 15 months but because of a few reasons he's getting PT now but it tella health so not the same but something. He's also not talking yet so it's not like he's ahead In one area.

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 2:14 pm
My daughter didn't start walking until 19 months and just recently turned 2 and she is walking and running everywhere. I was a little concerned but decided to wait it out and lo & behold, she started walking from one day to the next. I'm sure your child will start walking in the next month or two. Hatzlacha!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics