Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
HELP....my house looks so bad..
1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 5:35 pm
My house looks so messy,cluttered of rubish/toys, papper all over.The probleme is first Im not the best housewife and second we have a little flat and no cupboard space.
Any help?

Crayon210

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 5:37 pm
Flylady.net

Chaval al hazman

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 5:41 pm
Maybe you need to learn to throw out things...

momluv

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 5:41 pm
relax, don't get uptight and just know I'm in the same position as you are.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 5:49 pm
yentagolda wrote:
relax, don't get uptight and just know I'm in the same position as you are.
Thank you for your support but I feel I would feel better about myself if my house would be neat .

Mitzvahmom

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 5:52 pm
yeah me too I am afraid to let people visit.. esp with winter weather...coats boots...blah

Maya

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 5:53 pm
Hakol B'seder. It's supposed to work wonders. I actually bought the book today, and will start with the program.

EBC

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 6:03 pm
what is the book?

momluv

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 6:08 pm
hey, I know it's easier to live in a clean and organized home. I just remember that I have a toddler running around and sometimes, yes, the house looks like a tornado or hurricane ripped thru it. those days I don't get tense just slowly go thru the house room to room and say "now one more room,now one more room....".

Clarissa

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 6:11 pm
I have a similar problem. Too much stuff, not a ton of space, kids and all that. I'm terribly disorganized. Here's what I'm trying to do:

1) Get rid of things. I never miss them when they're gone.

2) Spend a certain amount of time in each room each day, tackling the most hideous messes. I don't attempt to do the whole room, just the worst looking area. Gradually, over time, it gets a bit better.

Truth is, my place is a huge mess, but I'm trying.

I bought a book called Organizing from the Inside Out, by Julie Morgenstern. Now, if I could just find it...

Maya

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 6:11 pm
It's based on the Hakol B'seder hotline, and was then expanded into a book and workshops.It is a fun approach and cool ideas to making housekeeping easier. You can get it in any Judaica store, or PM me for more details.

EBC

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 6:14 pm
who publishes it?

boruchhashem

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 6:22 pm
momtomor wrote:
It's based on the Hakol B'seder hotline, and was then expanded into a book and workshops.It is a fun approach and cool ideas to making housekeeping easier. You can get it in any Judaica store, or PM me for more details.

from the wording of the OP, she is probably in England. Wink

Maya

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 6:26 pm
ESB, it is privately published by the organization.

To the OP, if you are interested, it is sold in England. PM me for more details if you like.

happymom

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 7:03 pm
spend time making a place for every single thing in your house, throw out anything u dont need or havent used in the last year, and keep it that way. twice a day morning and night put everything back in its place, sweep, and make ure house look neat. go throguh papers every night and throw out all garbage.

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 8:34 pm
spend 15 min a day getting rid of stuff. Go crazy!

Anything else that comes in your house: filter it as it comes and...go crazy and get it in a place it belongs or in the garbage.

after you have less stuff (which you can throw out, give away, or sell..just get it out!), then you will have more places for things.

At that point, I find an easy thing to start doing is getting things into the rooms they belong in....bc with kids things end up in every other room by the end of the day. just having them in the correct daled amos puts a little seder to start with into the house...

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 8:45 pm
I agree, my toddler is a little tornado as well. So are dh and I sometimes...Smile

Flylady did not work for me, it was too complicated.

Just, tackle one place at a time. Today will be the kitchen counters, tomorrow, the floors, then, try to just keep them nice once they're already nice...Don't go crazy just do it little by little. And yes, donate stuff and throw it out. That's the best thing to do. So much gashmius, so little space.

Crayon210

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 8:47 pm
If anyone is interested in flylady but is overwhelmed by her site, please feel free to PM me. ;-)

amother

Post Thu, Jan 03 2008, 6:49 am
OP - I really feel for you - lots of us are in the same boat. It can be really overwhelming when it becomes such a mess that you just don't know where to begin. There's a really good book out called "It's all too much!" for people that just don't know where to begin because there's so much too do. I think you'd find it very helpful. Those people that are more organised just don't seem to really understand why messy people can't "get it together". Deep breath. Take it slow. Don't look at it as one giant mess - deal with one small surface/corner/drawer/chair/room at a time. Good Luck! Please update us on your progress - it will give us all chizuk.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 03 2008, 3:37 pm
amother wrote:
OP - I really feel for you - lots of us are in the same boat. It can be really overwhelming when it becomes such a mess that you just don't know where to begin. There's a really good book out called "It's all too much!" for people that just don't know where to begin because there's so much too do. I think you'd find it very helpful. Those people that are more organised just don't seem to really understand why messy people can't "get it together". Deep breath. Take it slow. Don't look at it as one giant mess - deal with one small surface/corner/drawer/chair/room at a time. Good Luck! Please update us on your progress - it will give us all chizuk.

who wrote this book or who publisht it so that I can find it.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics