Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Visit family who positevely had covid ? Wwyd

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 6:35 pm
My best friend ( who is a healthcare worker) was tested positive for covid weeks ago,and was totally asymptomatic. I am very sure her whole family caught it because they all got sick in various stages ,and we already suspected they had it all. So far no problem as we were ( governement)quarantined for weeks and we only talked by phone. Now that we are easing out of quarantine, I am letting my children play with her children outdoors. Somehow knowing they had it , makes them a safe choice. Am I totally going beserk? Am I taking to much risks ? They were tested 5 weeks ago and are considered clean after 2 weeks.( so now + 3 weeks)She told me more people know and are actively avoiding her family out of fear. What are you foing with friend or relatives you know who had it ? If u did get sick yourself , did you tell people and do they act differently around you?

rosezee

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 6:39 pm
I would say, theyre no different than those who never caught it..

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 6:39 pm
Given the situation I probably wouldn’t be comfortable going there unless they all tested negative. Covid seems to live in some people for a very long time.
My friend had it about about 6 weeks ago and 2 weeks ago was tested and was still positive.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 6:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My best friend ( who is a healthcare worker) was tested positive for covid weeks ago,and was totally asymptomatic. I am very sure her whole family caught it because they all got sick in various stages ,and we already suspected they had it all. So far no problem as we were ( governement)quarantined for weeks and we only talked by phone. Now that we are easing out of quarantine, I am letting my children play with her children outdoors. Somehow knowing they had it , makes them a safe choice. Am I totally going beserk? Am I taking to much risks ? They were tested 5 weeks ago and are considered clean after 2 weeks.( so now + 3 weeks)She told me more people know and are actively avoiding her family out of fear. What are you foing with friend or relatives you know who had it ? If u did get sick yourself , did you tell people and do they act differently around you?

We know people who were still positive after 2 months. In my case, I know for a fact that I first became ill in mid March, and only starting feeling better after Pesach. In general, most hospitalizations don't occur until day 10 to 14. So obviously 2 weeks isn't a general all clear.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics