Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Antibodies question for anyone here with medical knowledge

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 11:37 pm
sorry if this has been asked before.

I have a question regarding antibodies.
I took the antibody test and it came back negative. Zero antibodies. This is after I was exposed to numerous people who- a few days after I was in close contact with them- a few days later they got sick and tested positive for corona. I never got sick. never got any symptoms. I also, a few weeks later, went to the house of my elderly relative who got corona to take care of her. I wasnt worried about myself- I knew that if I caught it Id be ok, but she needed the help and that was important to me. I fully expected to get sick. 3 weeks later still no symptoms.
I just took the covid test and tested negative. and antibody test came out zero.
so what does this mean?

I simply got lucky and never caught it? or I got it but because never had any symptoms never developed antibodies?

does this mean I am immune? Or there may be a chance I can still catch it?

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 11:54 pm
There could be a few possibilities.
* there is a theory that blood type O is more resistant to catching the virus. Are you O?
* it could be you got a false negative result
*or you simply got lucky yet and didn’t catch it Very Happy

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 12:36 am
This is so interesting. It is a most mysterious virus ever. I believe that someone exposed to numerous people with another virus, regardless of how strong their immune system is, would catch the virus.

I also had a very interesting experience as well. After being sick on and off for 5 weeks, I finally got tested for the virus. It came back negative.

Weeks later I took the antibody test week and it came back positive. And yet the test I took while I still had the virus came out negative...

This virus is unpredictable.

tichellady

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 12:41 am
I don’t have any answers for you but I will say that my parents exposed me to chickenpox Many times ( all my siblings got it and I had to bathe with them etc) and I got the vaccine and I still have no antibodies and had to get the vaccine again

soap suds

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 12:41 am
I'll take your question a step further. If you didn't catch it after multiple exposures, including heavy exposure to your relative while she was sick, does that mean that you're not that succeptible to catching it and therefore will likely not catch it elsewhere?

I know someone whose spouse was very sick (not hospitalized, but very bad symptoms at home). Although they lived together, spouse took care of the patient around the clock, no SD whatsoever, and spouse tested negative for antibodies. So if they didn't get sick from being exposed to their spouse like that, what are the chances they'll catch it in the supermarket?

There are so many unanswered questions with this virus.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 1:50 am
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
There could be a few possibilities.
* there is a theory that blood type O is more resistant to catching the virus. Are you O?
* it could be you got a false negative result
*or you simply got lucky yet and didn’t catch it Very Happy

I am blood type O actually. Interesting. Never heard that before.

I'm not worried about catching it . Only about spreading it. But it seems like I'm not catching it either. I've been to numerous grocery stores since pesach . Is it possible to simply never get it ?

CiCi

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 1:56 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am blood type O actually. Interesting. Never heard that before.

I'm not worried about catching it . Only about spreading it. But it seems like I'm not catching it either. I've been to numerous grocery stores since pesach . Is it possible to simply never get it ?

https://www.pharmacytimes.com/.....id-19

Excerpt from the article;

People with blood type group A have a significantly higher risk for acquiring the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) compared with non-A blood groups, according to a study conducted by The Southern University of Science and Technology in China. Additionally, blood group O has a significantly lower risk for the infection compared with non-O blood groups, according to the researchers.

Sunny Days

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 3:22 am
Op, it is well known that the current pcr & especially antibodies testing is very unreliable.
It’s possible you had Covid but remained asymptomatic yet still not showing antibodies because either of test accuracy or because you truly didn’t develop fight the virus.

Last edited by Sunny Days on Mon, May 18 2020, 6:38 pm; edited 2 times in total

Sunny Days

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 3:24 am
soap suds wrote:
I'll take your question a step further. If you didn't catch it after multiple exposures, including heavy exposure to your relative while she was sick, does that mean that you're not that succeptible to catching it and therefore will likely not catch it elsewhere?

I know someone whose spouse was very sick (not hospitalized, but very bad symptoms at home). Although they lived together, spouse took care of the patient around the clock, no SD whatsoever, and spouse tested negative for antibodies. So if they didn't get sick from being exposed to their spouse like that, what are the chances they'll catch it in the supermarket?

There are so many unanswered questions with this virus.

I wouldn’t take a chance with that either (meaning I would still be precautious when I shop & not rely on the fact that I’m invincible) you can never know at a point when your body is in more of a vulnerable state & it will hit you ch’v.

Ora in town

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 3:35 am
It happens that people don't catch it.
Also within a family, that three people had it, one did not catch it...
I think you can't dray any conclusion from your status...
But you have to assume that if you don't have antibodies, you are probably not immune...

On the other hand, if you get a positive antibody test, you still cannot be sure you are immune, since there ara also false positives...

mig100

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 3:36 am
Apparently from these responses.there are many imas with medical knowledge.

Interesting. Especially since I thought there is no info on this virus yer

Ora in town

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 3:41 am
mig100 wrote:
Apparently from these responses.there are many imas with medical knowledge.

Interesting. Especially since I thought there is no info on this virus yer

There was no info in december 19.
Now, they keep making studies, researching, to find out all they can.
If you follow the info, you will see that the information becomes more precise every day...

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 6:36 pm
my daughter caught it from my husband I and my other daughter never got it

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 6:41 pm
I was at Maccabi today getting some blood labs done, and I asked them if they did antibody testing. The lab tech told me that I'd have to go to Jerusalem, and that the tests don't prove anything anyway, so don't bother.

In other words, we have no idea what's up with this virus. What

frumPA

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 6:52 pm
So it seems you never caught the virus. Its not a guarantee if you are exposed you will catch it. Bh you have a good immune system and didnt. I would still be cautious because it doesn’t mean if you are exposed again you wont catch it. Not sure about the blood type thing. I am type A, am a PA working on covid units and I tested the nasal swab twice and negative bh and no antibodies. Seems some get it with almost
No exposure and some have alot
Of exposure and dont. Hashem decides! But we need to do out hishtadlus obviously too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics