Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Far Rockaway/Inwood vs Edison/Highland Park

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 4:37 pm
Looking into these two communities, anyone able to compare and contrast?

Thank you!

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 9:40 pm
Bump

amother
Lime

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 9:41 pm
I live in inwood and can answer your specific questions related to here but I know nothing about Edison so I can’t compare

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 10:37 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
I live in inwood and can answer your specific questions related to here but I know nothing about Edison so I can’t compare

OK thanks!

Just trying to get a sense of how much of a community it is. How easy it is for new families to break in and for kids to find friends.

amother
Lime

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 10:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
OK thanks!

Just trying to get a sense of how much of a community it is. How easy it is for new families to break in and for kids to find friends.

It is very much a community. There are maybe 200 families here. Everyone is excited when another house goes frum on the block!

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 10:53 pm
I live in HP/Edison. You can PM me if you're looking for more info.

It's a fairly out-of-town vibe here, I don't know if that's the case for FR/Inwood.

Religously fairly diverse, which is nice, but a variety of shuls so you can find your niche where you are comfortable. By and large, everybody gets along. The rabbonim are all on the local Vaad.
You will basically have a choice of 3 schools for 8th grade and below.

Many people do commute to NYC, which is a long commute--I don't know if that's an issue for you.
Property taxes are higher in HP than Edison, though the gap is narrowing.

One real issue is lack of local high schools. There is a girls' high school that is probably fairly academic in the yeshivish world, and many local girls go there. There's RJJ for boys. However, for the part of the community looking for something a bit more academic and a bit more YU-ish, the kids go out of the community. There are a lot of buses circulating here at 6:30 in the morning!

Are you the imamother who posted asking about Ilan in Deal? I'll respond to that one separately.

Riffy

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 12:25 am
You can PM me about Edison/Highland Park!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating