Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How do you take care of you natural hair?
Previous  1  2

Newmami

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 6:09 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
Did you not use conditioner before? I've never met a woman or girl who never used it.
It needs to be washed out and makes getting through the knots WAYYYY easier. Also start from the bottom and work your way up.

Sleep in a bun too.

Nope never did

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 6:30 pm
I brush my hair once a day and dye it every two months for gray roots

applesbananas

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 6:41 pm
Hi! Im a sheitel macher- I have a lot of customers who get terrible matted knots under their wigs. The knots arent at the bottom which would be typical on uncovered hair. The knots are in the back of the head between the ears. Its awful. Ive had to cut chunks out for woman going to the mikvah. Definitely use conditioner. Wash it out. Use leave in conditioner if u think doubling up will help. I find braiding hair to help but u may not be able to pull that off on yourself

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 6:47 pm
Buy a wig cap and tuck your hair into it and then put your wig on it. It’s so much better and more comfortable and it will keep your hair looking great.

Newmami

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 6:47 pm
applesbananas wrote:
Hi! Im a sheitel macher- I have a lot of customers who get terrible matted knots under their wigs. The knots arent at the bottom which would be typical on uncovered hair. The knots are in the back of the head between the ears. Its awful. Ive had to cut chunks out for woman going to the mikvah. Definitely use conditioner. Wash it out. Use leave in conditioner if u think doubling up will help. I find braiding hair to help but u may not be able to pull that off on yourself

Scary thank g-d its not so bad. When I comb it I manage to get all the knots out.
I'll start by combing every night like a good girl Very Happy
And use conditioner

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 7:10 pm
I keep my hair braided and put on a wig cap, which are super cheap from any beauty supply store.

Chayalle

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 11:20 am
When you wash your hair with conditioner, leave it in for a minute or two before rinsing out. Give the conditioner time to work on your hair.

If this is not enough, consider spraying with a detangling spray after the shower. I think my girls use one made by
Pantene. Spray and then brush out your hair.

I find my conditioning needs have grown since wearing a sheitel....my scalp gets itchier. I need more conditioner, rubbed into my scalp. And my hair is wavy/straight, not at all curly. It's about chest-length and I put it in a pony and tuck it under my wig. Have been doing this for 20+ years.....never had any serious tangling issues.

Rappel

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 12:20 pm
Hmm... Not the same hair type (medium weight, straight), but I've definitely seen my conditioner needs go up since I started covering. Maybe because I brush less, maybe because the sun made my hair produce more oil when I was single, but I now will frequently use a drop of conditioner post-shower (in addition to while in shower) and rub it into the length of my hair and leave it in. It keeps the mane sane.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 1:22 pm
I braid my hair into two side french braids and pin it up. It stays pretty flat, and I don't brush it every day. Sounds gross, but it really works.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics