Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Poll Are you allowing your kids to play with other kids(NY)?
Previous  1  2

Are you allowing your kids to play with other kids (NY)?
Yes  
 39%  [ 92 ]
Yes - but only with precautions (masks, only outside and etc)  
 8%  [ 20 ]
Yes - but only the older kids who I can trust to stay apart  
 2%  [ 5 ]
Yes - but only with the same 1-2 families  
 14%  [ 33 ]
No  
 34%  [ 80 ]
other  
 2%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 235

amother
Peach

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 11:35 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
No, my kids aren't playing with other kids.
They had their first distant "playdate" - sitting 15 feet away from each other on the front lawn just the other day, but they are otherwise keeping each other occupied.
The rabbanim of our community have instructed us to keep up the SD until further notice.

Same.
In monsey ny

amother
Violet

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 11:52 pm
Our condo and next condo never enforced SD to begin with, so I guess you can call it we quarantined together all throughout.
We actually had a close wedding which my husband and I attended. Other than that, yesterday was the first time I and my kids got together with family.
Monsey

amother
White

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 1:22 am
The kids on my block are all out with bikes and scooters. The mothers are out watching them. We don't stand on each others heads, but I stopped pressuring my kids. We soap up well when we get inside. No kids come play inside though. My husband is back at work for a month now with many other men. What's the point of locking up the kids if the adult isn't?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 1:27 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
Absolutely. It’s more important to potentially save an unnamed, unknown person from possibly getting sick then it is to save your child from sinking into debilitating depression...

(I’m being sarcastic)

The curve is flattened!! Don’t let the cure be worse then the disease.

So you're okay with knowing that someone may die for your child to play outside?

Just One

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 1:42 am
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
So you're okay with knowing that someone may die for your child to play outside?

I'll take the liberty of answering for the other poster. No she isn't.
Question to you, how long do you propose this lockdown last? Is there a point at which you'd say, we've gotta take the risk and go on with life? Are you willing to keep your kids locked up for 18 months until we've got a vaccine? And if there's no vaccine, are you ok with locking up indefinitely?
Because while I understood the rational for lockdown in the first place, at this point I don't get what the end game is.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 2:27 am

I'm ok with all kids playing outside since I believe there is almost 0% chance of someone dying due to the fact that Mommyx123's kids played outside.
My neighborhood kids have been playing with each other for the past 5 years non stop, and we're all doing fine, thank you. Including the 80+ population on our block.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 2:37 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Agree with you. Just curious where you’re located?

In a quiet corner of BP.

at this point the lockdown is not about flattening the curve (accomplished), keeping the healthcare system from becoming overwhelmed (it anyways was at the peak of the outbreak) or saving lives (we already know whos at risk for getting ill and who will be ok). Its all about government control. And yes the lockdown is killing many more ppl emotionally and financially than coronavirus did. I will not restrict my family from having normal social interactions that they so desperately need - especially now that their routine and schooling has been canceled for the forseeable future. I cannot kill my kids' or my own emotional wellbeing because of political motives.

soap suds

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 3:31 pm

You realize that when gov will lift the restrictions and open schools etc, people will still be at risk of dying. At what point will you feel you can safely allow your kids outside without feeling guilty that they might cause someone to die?

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 1:55 am
in crown heights. still social distancing. small apartment, no yard etc.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics