Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Till what age do babies normally wear footie PJs?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 3:19 pm
I want to buy my baby nicer PJs for Friday night, but I'm not sure what to buy him. He's 14 months and almost walking. On one hand PJs that would cover his feet sound great - he won't pull of his socks and it can get cold with the air conditioner. On the other hand does it look funny for a child walking to wear that (he's going to wear it as pj/Friday night outfit so if we have guest/go anywhere that's what he'll be wearing...) I'm assuming he's going to wear it for 4-5 months so till he's around 18/19 months old.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 3:21 pm
For that age I find regular pj's way easier and convenient to put on and for changing diapers. My kids never sleep in socks, their feet need to breath.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 3:29 pm
Those are my two year olds favorite pjs!
I think buy what you think your child will be comfortable in. No right or wrong.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 3:30 pm
My 5 year old sleeps in them (during the winter) Why is it an age thing? She finds it soft and cozy

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 3:33 pm
ETA I don’t know anything about Friday night pjs. I never heard of them till Imamother. I wouldn’t take a child out to Friday night dinner in pjs of any kind: pjs should be clean IMO and not fun of Shabbos food that mine would inevitably get on her ‘clothes’.

OBnursemom

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 3:35 pm
I stopped using any frum footies without treads on the bottom of the feet when my kids started walking. They fell too often.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 3:37 pm
OBnursemom wrote:
I stopped using any frum footies without treads on the bottom of the feet when my kids started walking. They fell too often.

I’m super off base here. What are frum footies? Pjs without treads? Why would they even make these?

OP if this what you are referring to I totally misunderstand. We don’t wear ‘frum footies
We wear Carter’s in my house (treads and all)

Hashemlovesme1

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 3:40 pm
My 2 year old loves his Carters footsie pajamas! And my 5 year old niece is still wearing them too. The kids don’t like when the shirt rides up and they get cold. Lots of fun designs to choose from, so he can pick his favorite for shabbos if he wants.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 3:44 pm
Mine wore them till I could no longer find them in their size. But I used to cut off the footies because they made the kids' feet reek.

abaker

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 4:05 pm
My 4 year old loves his carters feetie pajamas and my 6 year old still fits in size 5 feetie pajamas he wears them sometimes too. No rules when it comes to what pajamas you want to wear, just glad if they listen nicely and put on pajamas.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 4:08 pm
One pieces- till ready to toilet train.
Footie- as long as the weather warrants. I tend to do footless in the summer, but that’s personal choice. But come next fall my almost 2 year old will go into footie again.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 4:08 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
I’m super off base here. What are frum footies? Pjs without treads? Why would they even make these?

OP if this what you are referring to I totally misunderstand. We don’t wear ‘frum footies
We wear Carter’s in my house (treads and all)

The footies (stretchies) sold at the Jewish stores don't have treads. I think even carters only has on the big sizes.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 4:37 pm
The problem with footsie pjs is that the bottom don’t have grip and baby can slip easily

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 4:42 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
The problem with footsie pjs is that the bottom don’t have grip and baby can slip easily

Our pjs from both children’s place and carters have better grip than socks do.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 4:52 pm
My 12 year old still wears footie pajamas with treads at the bottom.

Its hard to find, but possible. He loves the cozy feeling.

MommyM

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 4:58 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
The footies (stretchies) sold at the Jewish stores don't have treads. I think even carters only has on the big sizes.

Carters has from size 12 months (for age 9-12 months) and up.

seeker

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 5:22 pm
Switched to 2-piece PJ's when my kids were starting to go to the toilet independently. They can't get themselves out of footies efficiently enough to use the bathroom.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 5:23 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:

I think people call same things different things.

I wouldn’t think the word stretchie would describe anything for a child over a year (as OP is describing)

Tzutzie

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 6:17 pm
Vertbaudet.com has stretchies, or footsies with treads from size 12 months to 3 years (36 mo).

Either way, if your baby is almost walking, got footless it encourages them to walk and rhey have a better grip on the floor.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics