Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Camp HASC is not opening

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 4:15 pm
I'm so sad, I really don't know what my son is going to do all summer. As it is, he's totally miserable.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 4:18 pm
I am so sorry!
I know its not the same but are people hiring some of the counselors on a 1 on 1 basis for their kids?

reminds me that things are not going back theres only going forward...

hoping only good things ahead for us all

avrahamama

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 4:18 pm
I'm so sad for you. I'm in a sad mood right now as it is. Your poor son. Poor you. It's so hard to see the kids who need more in normal circumstances do with less at a time when everyone needs more... If that makes any sense. We really need a yeshuah. I'm davening for you.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 4:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm so sad, I really don't know what my son is going to do all summer. As it is, he's totally miserable.

Is it possible to reach out to Hamaspik? I heard something about current respite upstate with counselors in separate rented bungalows.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 4:44 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
Is it possible to reach out to Hamaspik? I heard something about current respite upstate with counselors in separate rented bungalows.

I don't have the ability to rent a bungalow this summer. Oh well. Hashem will help!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 4:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I don't have the ability to rent a bungalow this summer. Oh well. Hashem will help!

I meant that they rented bungalows and took teens up with counselors.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 7:50 pm
I am devastated for all camp hasc parents. no words.

rmbg

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 8:11 pm
This is terrible. My heart goes out to all of you parents of children with special needs. I don’t know how you’re surviving.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 8:12 pm
Camp hasc parent here. I'm at the end of the rope as is with no help, even no cleaning help. But I figure that I will be able to get respite comhab help or unofficial program because all the teenage girls are home as well.
Hasc did mention between the lines that they might do respite with children without health concerns so staying hopeful on that.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 8:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Hamaspik, as someone mentioned is doing respite, and taking children upstate, taking them to their building here in Brooklyn.
Please please get the help you are entitled to, our taxes are paying for it anyway.

Whenever I see my hard earned money going to taxes, I feel good that it’s going towards helping parents with special needs children.
Something that would have been a lifesaver for our family 20 years ago.

Get in touch with someone that can help you.

It’s yours, or it will end up in someone else’s pocket.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 8:46 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
Hamaspik, as someone mentioned is doing respite, and taking children upstate, taking them to their building here in Brooklyn.
Please please get the help you are entitled to, our taxes are paying for it anyway.

Whenever I see my hard earned money going to taxes, I feel good that it’s going towards helping parents with special needs children.
Something that would have been a lifesaver for our family 20 years ago.

Get in touch with someone that can help you.

It’s yours, or it will end up in someone else’s pocket.

I don't live in NY. I don't have access to anything, really. This was our last hope!

It will be okay.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics