Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
OUD foods..I miss them!
Previous  1  2  3

zohar

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 9:47 pm
giselle wrote:
Not you. I was referring to the posters who said that.

Thanks for clarifying. Since you quoted me, I thought I was somehow being misunderstood.

aliavi

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 9:51 pm
I didn’t read all of the posts but wanted to clarify that the posts I read are applicable to a product containing milk or a milk derived substance. There are many products labeled OUD that have no milk ingredients or milk allergy alert. Even some products labeled vegan have OUD. Some that keep CY will accept OUD in this scenario. We don’t. We do eat OUD when traveling. You need to ask your rav about not keeping DHs custom assuming CY is available in your area. Don’t wreck your Shalom bayis over donuts and chocolate. 🍩🍫

singleagain

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 10:05 pm
I know someone in a mixed marriage. Her husband is makpid on cy. By she wants oud out of the house and the only oud food she brings in is ice cream, bc otherwise he eats it all.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 10:15 pm
What do the current R' Feinsteins say about OUD?

Hasnt anyone asked?

amother
Rose

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 10:39 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
What do the current R' Feinsteins say about OUD?

Hasnt anyone asked?

They hold by their father and apply the heter as it was given. They are in New York where cholov Yisroel is widely available and fresh.

ETA: They both take shailas if you would like to hear for yourself. Very Happy

gold2

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 3:06 am
The way I see it is that OU want to make kosher products as accessible as possible to all. They rely on this heter in order to give as many Jews as possible the option not to eat treif and they are clearly stating it is not cholov yisroel so you can make your own choices.

But if you would personally go up to one of those Rabbonim from the OU who give the hechsher and ask "should I eat chalav stam lechatchilah" I am not sure what they would answer.

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 6:18 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
They hold by their father and apply the heter as it was given. They are in New York where cholov Yisroel is widely available and fresh.

ETA: They both take shailas if you would like to hear for yourself. Very Happy

Can you clarify? Do they use chalav stam for themselves?

giselle

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 7:35 am
gold2 wrote:
The way I see it is that OU want to make kosher products as accessible as possible to all. They rely on this heter in order to give as many Jews as possible the option not to eat treif and they are clearly stating it is not cholov yisroel so you can make your own choices.

But if you would personally go up to one of those Rabbonim from the OU who give the hechsher and ask "should I eat chalav stam lechatchilah" I am not sure what they would answer.

Well the good news is I have my own rav who says it’s lechatchila Smile
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics