Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Did you get the coronavirus?
Previous  1  2

Did you get the coronavirus?
Yes I was tested  
 18%  [ 28 ]
Yes I think so  
 31%  [ 47 ]
No  
 50%  [ 76 ]
Total Votes : 151

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 4:46 am
Nope. Just got my antibody results back.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 5:04 am
Midwest. I checked yes I think so because I wasn't tested but I know so. We had it in the house. One member is approved as a plasma volunteer and the rest of us lost our sense of taste and smell. I also had serious respiratory symptoms and fever. I'm very lucky bH because one day I probably should have gone to the hospital for oxygen.

melbee

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 11:15 am
DH tested positive and I showed very mild symptoms. He had a bad case but is BH recovered now and is starting to donate plasma soon.

OutofTown Girl

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 8:28 am
I'm in Flatbush. No one in my family had any symptoms, despite having been exposed plenty in the week following Purim. DH's antibody test came back positive, mine negative. So I guess DH had an asymptomatic case of the virus (which is a huge blessing, as he has an autoimmune disorder and gets very sick from a simple cold or the flu), while I didn't catch it at all.

As an aside...

We are so so grateful that we have been very careful with the SDing since schools closed after Purim. We hardly went out even for essential errands. Can you imagine if my husband would have been lax, going to secret minyanim and visiting every grocery in town, without knowing that he was carrying the virus and possibly infecting others? We would feel terribly guilty.

Especially since my uncle (mid-60's, healthy) caught the virus a few days after Purim and passed away a week later. The doctors had been pleading with the community already by Purim to close shuls and schools, but it took us too long to listen. I know that my uncle's petira is min hashamayim, but I shudder to think how the community leaders (who ignored the doctors' advice to shut down until it was too late) must feel to have his blood on their hands.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 8:40 am
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
I had a bad sore throat, runny nose and dry cough for a week after Purim. My son woke up with a fever in the middle of the night but it was gone by morning. He also had a dry cough that week.
My swab was negative. I'm hoping to get antibody testing soon.

Sounds like you had a cold.

If you've neither tested positive nor been tested for antibodies, you cannot be sure you had it. IMSNHO, it sounds like people who had any type of virus are counting themselves as having had covid 19.

I had it, as did DH. Both tested. BIL and SIL also tested positive;neither survived.

amother
Blue

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 8:42 am
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
Option 4: ✔ I dunno, considering most cases were/are asymptomatic and I had no symptoms

Yes. We had Positive antibody test with no symptoms.

OutofTown Girl

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 8:48 am
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Sounds like you had a cold.

If you've neither tested positive nor been tested for antibodies, you cannot be sure you had it. IMSNHO, it sounds like people who had any type of virus are counting themselves as having had covid 19.

I had it, as did DH. Both tested. BIL and SIL also tested positive;neither survived.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Crying
All of Klal Yisroel is mourning together for those we have lost.

momof2+?

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 8:48 am
For those of you saying that you tested positive for antibodies but were asymptomatic, why did you go get tested?

OutofTown Girl

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 8:54 am
momof2+? wrote:
For those of you saying that you tested positive for antibodies but were asymptomatic, why did you go get tested?

My husband's shul actually asked all members to get tested if possible, just to get a better picture of where we stand vis a vis re-opening. (Of course, the PA said we don't really know what antibodies mean, but maybe soon we will...)

I went along for the fun of it. I was really hoping to test positive, so I could stop wearing a mask and SDing.

Just kidding.

(DH is still wearing a mask and SDing, though he tested positive. Better be safe than sorry, and better not take a chance with someone else's life.)

Nadja

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 8:57 am
I was SO sick the entire month of February before the Covid pandemic started....tested negative for both flu a & b. Covid test wasn't a "thing" then.

Sunny Days

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 9:01 am
Nadja wrote:
I was SO sick the entire month of February before the Covid pandemic started....tested negative for both flu a & b. Covid test wasn't a "thing" then.

It still doesn’t mean you had covid19 then. You could have had Adeno virus or paraflu or whatever

amother
Blue

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 9:17 am
momof2+? wrote:

We were quarantined to a fault in a neighborhood where mostly everyone was out already. People kept telling us that it’s possible we had it even without symptoms. I was so sure they’re wrong but figured it doesn’t hurt to test. I was so surprised to see that we actually had antibodies. Turns out we must’ve been exposed still before lockdown.
I suggest to anyone in a neighborhood where most people had it to go test themselves for antibodies even though they’re sure they didn’t. It was actually a huge relief to see that we did without even knowing it! In hindsight I’m so grateful that we at least don’t have to feel guilty that we passed it further since we followed the SD rules.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics