Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos
Light and creamy pasta dish ideas

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 5:47 pm
I hardly ever make pasta dishes for health reasons but I think I’m going to treat my family to one for our milchig meal on Shavuot. I’m looking for something dairy but not very cheesy, more like a cream style thing, but no complicated sauces please. Should have some tomato sauce of some sort, so not a white cream, I don’t really use and jarred sauces but may be able to swing a marinara. Bonus points if it incorporates a vegetable of some sort, for added nutritional content, and if components or all of it can be prepped prior to the chag and warmed up on yt on a flame.

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 6:26 pm
At the risk of not following your wishes, I want to share this in case you change your mind about the specifics. I really enjoy making fettuccine Alfredo with pesto. I make this recipe and then just dump a few spoons of ready made pesto from a jar into the sauce at the end and it’s delicious and super easy!
I skip the Parmesan cheese and just mix a little flour with water and add to the sauce to thicken it up.

(I also have a lite version lower fat recipe if you’re interested)

1 lb Fettuccine Pasta
6 Tablespoons Butter
1 Garlic Clove (minced)
1 1/2 cups Heavy Cream
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese (I skip)
1/4 teaspoon Pepper
2 Tablespoons Italian Parsley (optional)

Instructions

In a large pot, heat water over high heat until boiling. Add salt to season the water. Once it is boiling, add fettuccine and cook according to package instructions.

In a large skillet or pan, heat butter over medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in heavy cream.

Let heavy cream reduce and cook for 5 to 8 minutes. Add half of the parmesan cheese to the mixture and whisk well until smooth. Keep over heat and whisk well until cheese is melted.

Save some pasta water. The pasta water is full of flavor and can be used to thin out the sauce.

Toss alfredo sauce with fettuccine pasta and add half of the parmesan cheese. Once it is tossed, garnish with the remaining parmesan cheese. Add a little pasta water if it needs to be thinned out.

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 6:30 pm
You can also make a yummy sauce by heating up
olive oil, adding a couple cloves of garlic (fresh cut up or the frozen ones) and then adding tomato sauce and heavy cream, a little salt and pepper. Very easy and delicious! (It’s my lazy version of penne a la vodka-where I just skip the vodka part) and serve it on penne riggate. (However you spell that)

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 6:40 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
You can also make a yummy sauce by heating up
olive oil, adding a couple cloves of garlic (fresh cut up or the frozen ones) and then adding tomato sauce and heavy cream, a little salt and pepper. Very easy and delicious! (It’s my last version of penne a la vodka-where I just skip the vodka part) and serve it on penne riggate. (However you spell that)
thanks for both recipes! I’m not particular, but people in my family are, and I want them to be happy with the food. They’re not such fans of pesto. The second recipe sounds perfect. Thank you!

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 6:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
thanks for both recipes! I’m not particular, but people in my family are, and I want them to be happy with the food. They’re not such fans of pesto. The second recipe sounds perfect. Thank you!

Ok my pleasure enjoy!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics