Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Products to invest in instead of cleaning help
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 6:28 pm
I would love to buy some products to help the house be cleaner. We usually have cleaning help at least once a week and with all that's going on can't keep up these days without her. I want to buy few things like roomba, spray thingy lol no idea what its called but it sprays water strongly etc ...what do you own that helps you a lot with cleaning. Thanks!!

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 6:31 pm
Following

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 6:31 pm
we have a roomba vacume and mop.
My thoughts- It makes a lot of noise and it still isn't good at figuring out where things are so when we try to do it overnight it ends up getting "lost". It also takes a while. That being said it's still REALLY nice to just put it on and have it vacuum or mop my house for me Smile

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 6:32 pm
The best thing I ever bought for cleaning is my cordless Dyson. Love it!

I don’t have a cleaning lady, btw.

Last edited by amother on Wed, May 20 2020, 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 6:32 pm
It vacuums and mops? How much was it?

amother
Blush

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 6:35 pm
We got this recently and so far were pretty happy with it. If you do get it, definitely buy an extra battery (preferably a larger one) because the battery life is like 20 minutes.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....af740

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 6:37 pm
I have a roomba mop and a roomba vacume cleaner. They are seperate devices but I think they communicate Smile
don't remember. Husband bought it.

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 6:37 pm
We love love the Roomba! But it's more useful to use while we're out of the house. When we are home it's annoying to have underfoot or watch it's funny path. These days that we are home we lock it into one bedroom at a time so it doesn't wander and we don't hear the noise. We set it up in the main areas later at night using the virtual wall so it concentrates there only.

Last edited by ra_mom on Wed, May 20 2020, 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

applesbananas

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 6:38 pm
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....87070

Cant reccomend this enough. Easiest, most sanitary toilet cleaner. A real mechaya

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 6:41 pm
applesbananas wrote:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....87070

Cant reccomend this enough. Easiest, most sanitary toilet cleaner. A real mechaya

how often do you use it. I feel like we would be eating through it, our toilet needs to be scrubbed pretty often Wink

amother
Azure

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 6:44 pm
What about a steam mop? Any thoughts on that? Any recommendations?

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 6:44 pm
I was also going to say the Clorox toilet wand!
That and Lysol wipes, though those are hard to come by these days. I literally use the toilet wand and like three Lysol wipes to clean my entire bathroom, plus “Clean Shower” spray after every shower.

applesbananas

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 6:48 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
how often do you use it. I feel like we would be eating through it, our toilet needs to be scrubbed pretty often Wink

Each toilet in the house gets done twice a week. We are a girl family thou...

Refine

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 6:59 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
We got this recently and so far were pretty happy with it. If you do get it, definitely buy an extra battery (preferably a larger one) because the battery life is like 20 minutes.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....b1788

How is it on carpets? Does it just vacuum?

amother
Blush

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 7:03 pm
Refine wrote:
How is it on carpets? Does it just vacuum?

We don’t have any carpeting or rugs at the moment so I can’t say for sure but I love it on hardfloors as it vacuum and mops at same time saving me time and making it more likely for me to actually clean. Plus I hate sweeping and with this I don’t have to sweep.

Amarante

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 7:36 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
What about a steam mop? Any thoughts on that? Any recommendations?

I have a steam mop and it’s great for tile floors. It really deep cleans without other products and I don’t think you could get the same results unless you were on hands and knees with a scrub brush. I especially like it in the kitchen because if there are pieces of food that get stuck, they steam off by just keeping the mop on for a few seconds.

All you need is distilled water to fill it. There is no comparison with a swiffer type of floor cleaner

Mine was relatively inexpensive. It is a Bissell from amazon and I think I paid about $80

amother
Teal

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 7:40 pm
Agree with what amarante wrote about a steam mop. It's the easiest mop I've ever used, and it cleans incredibly well.

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 7:42 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
The best thing I ever bought for cleaning is my cordless Dyson. Love it!

I don’t have a cleaning lady, btw.

Same!!!

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 7:48 pm
The "spray thingy" might be a handheld steam cleaner. Bissell makes one. Love it for kitchen and bath.

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 7:49 pm
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
Agree with what amarante wrote about a steam mop. It's the easiest mop I've ever used, and it cleans incredibly well.

Best on tile. Recently moved to a house with wood and vinyl and its been in storage since
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry