Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Wrong Number

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 8:28 pm
For the past few days I've been getting phone calls from an individual asking to speak to Danielle, and each time I say "you have a wrong number" she then says "I'm sorry"
This time I did not pick up and so I get a VM saying "Danielle, Please call back Mommy"
what am I suppose to do? will this game ever end? I wish I can let this daughter know her mom is in search of her....

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 8:32 pm
You could block the number. You could also call her back and as her if she’d like to share her story with you.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 8:45 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
You could block the number. You could also call her back and as her if she’d like to share her story with you.

LOL LOL
Yes, maybe. I just feel so bad blocking her from calling her DD

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 8:48 pm
Or just say I’m Daniella, what’s up? If she questions your voice you can always blame corona...

singleagain

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 10:01 pm
You can also Google the number. Might find out info.

Ima Piano

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 10:04 pm
Wow I love playing along with scams but this one is strange

singleagain

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 10:07 pm
This might not be a scan. Someone could have simply typed the wrong number.

Also, sometimes numbers actually get crossed. My sister used to get many calls for a doctor's office

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 10:31 pm
Surplus wrote:
Or just say I’m Daniella, what’s up? If she questions your voice you can always blame corona...

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 10:33 pm
singleagain wrote:
You can also Google the number. Might find out info.

Actually tried that, but its a cellphone guess not registered or whatever

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 11:32 pm
[quote="amother [ OP ]"]Actually tried that, but its a cellphone guess not registered or whatever[/quote
There’s an app Truecaller that you can put in the number and see if they have any info

Stars

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 11:35 pm
I had this for years when we had a landline. I assume the mom was senile, and if I had a few minutes I'd keep her company for a bit. There's not much you can do about it except block them if you wish.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 11:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
For the past few days I've been getting phone calls from an individual asking to speak to Danielle, and each time I say "you have a wrong number" she then says "I'm sorry"
This time I did not pick up and so I get a VM saying "Danielle, Please call back Mommy"
what am I suppose to do? will this game ever end? I wish I can let this daughter know her mom is in search of her....

Next time, tell her that she is repeatedly calling the wrong number, there is not Danielle here, and calling repeatedly won’t change that. Then block the number.

Maybe she’s misdialing. Maybe she wrote the number down wrong. Maybe she has dementia and is dialing a number from 20 years ago. Maybe she’s abusive and Danielle gave her a wrong number on purpose. Doesn’t matter. You’ve told her the situation. No reason for you to be bothered.

Einikel

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 12:39 am
My husband used to get calls from a public school about a student’s misbehavior. Either it was a real naughty kid or a mistake in school records.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 1:04 am
When we first moved to EY, newly-married, we were getting calls for some bubby!!! Somehow we figured out that the bubby lived a few buildings down, and told bezeq (phone company) that all her calls were getting transferred to us. It took a few days for It to get sorted out.

I visited the bubby to introduce myself Wink

I was so impressed by how many children and grandchildren were calling her!

amother
Pink

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 2:05 am
We used to have a number that was one digit off from the Colombian consulate in our city. I'd pick up the phone and someone would be shouting in Spanish about a visa or passport. I finally starting leaving a message on my answering machine that gave the correct number. Stuff happens.

crbc

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 3:32 am
Is it an older person ? Most nursing home patients are not allowed visitors right now and a lot of them do not remember numbers of their relatives / children correctly. Sad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics