Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
How much are you collecting, unemployment
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 7:02 pm
I was just approved. Dont know how much ill be gettinf yet.
Also am unsure if I qualifies for unemployment or just the 600 for coronavirus as im self employed.
How much ar3 you collecting total? Is it less than your income?
Totally out of curiousity!

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 7:35 pm
Its pretty simple - In NY, anyone making amore than 50k on a regular basis will be getting less.

(The maximum for unemployment is $504 a week + extra $600 = $1104/weekly.
a income of 50k / 24 paycheck biweekly = $1041/weekly)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 7:45 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
Its pretty simple - In NY, anyone making amore than 50k on a regular basis will be getting less.

(The maximum for unemployment is $504 a week + extra $600 = $1104/weekly.
a income of 50k / 24 paycheck biweekly = $1041/weekly)

Business was not so profitable, was making was less than 50,000. Does that mean I'll be making much less than that?

amother
Red

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 8:03 pm
I'm not eligible for state unemployment. Federal hasn't been processed yet, but hopefully will get the 600 weekly. Definitely less than my usual income Sad

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 8:29 pm
In NJ the maximum is $713

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 8:38 pm
I would be thrilled to make $600 a week. Thats more than my regular income. I have been begging my boss to put me on unemployment so I dont have to juggle working at home without childcare but she needs me to keep working .

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 8:47 pm
I will be thrilled to get the $600. Anything over is bonus.

I'm eligible but who knows when they'll process my claim... Banging head or when they'll tell me I forgot something so I need to start again

Bh for food stamps. At last we have plenty food.

Ima Piano

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 12:32 am
I got 4 payments today deposited into my acct. 2 times one amount and 2 times another amount. One amount was my regular paycheck and the other was way less

amother
Purple

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 10:40 pm
I was earning $1000 a week and received $176 from unemployment. Does anyone know why? How can I request to be approved for more?

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 10:43 pm
Im getting $600 plus between 200-75, depending how many days I work that week, varies. Im in NY

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 10:45 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
I would be thrilled to make $600 a week. Thats more than my regular income. I have been begging my boss to put me on unemployment so I dont have to juggle working at home without childcare but she needs me to keep working .

If your hours are reduced you can still be eligible. Also, needing to care for children due to school closures is now also an acceptable reason for unemployment, but might not be the answer for you if it would harm your position in your company or your relationship with your boss.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 10:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I was just approved. Dont know how much ill be gettinf yet.
Also am unsure if I qualifies for unemployment or just the 600 for coronavirus as im self employed.
How much ar3 you collecting total? Is it less than your income?
Totally out of curiousity!

Are you in NJ?
How long did it take for you to get approved?
I’m still waiting for a response but I only applied a couple of weeks ago.

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 10:57 pm
In NY I was approved for 182/week. I think that's the minimum.

Another 600 per week till July. After that it will be just 182 per week unless the law changes.

I only started getting paid for the last two weeks, wondering if they will send me the money for the previous weeks, how to get that.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 11:30 pm
So does anyone know why I am receiving so little money if I was earning $1000 per week? I am also receiving the $600 but I was expecting To receive $504.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 12:15 am
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:

Another 600 per week till July. After that it will be just 182 per week unless the law changes.

I only started getting paid for the last two weeks, wondering if they will send me the money for the previous weeks, how to get that.

Me too. Exactly the same thing.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 12:27 am
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
Are you in NJ?
How long did it take for you to get approved?
I’m still waiting for a response but I only applied a couple of weeks ago.

I’m in NJ and applied over 3 weeks ago. Still waiting. Anyone know if we will receive back pay?

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 12:35 am
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:

Same here ! But I don’t understand where they came up with $182 I was also earning about $1000 a week! Does anyone there know what they’re doing Banging head

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 12:37 am
Any one know how to get back pay??? Only got for this week now. And also I'm only receiving the minimium $182. Why? Anyo e knows how it works?

Anyway I can get my money from previous weeks

hello12341

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 1:14 am
Not sure what state you are in, but in NY and NJ there is no such thing as getting just the $600 per week. If you aren't eligible for state unemployment, you are eligible for PUA (Pandemic Unemployment Assistance). You are supposed to get a percentage of your average weekly salary that you earned in your base year. (In NJ its 60%). For PUA there is a minimum payout (in NJ its $231, NY I forgot, something like $182 or something). On top of whatever payment you get, they add $600.

In NJ, they are currently not calculating the amount that you should be getting for PUA. They are giving everyone the minimum and saying that they will figure out later how much they owe everyone. And many on PUA are reporting not receiving the $600 per week yet either.

In general, the $600 payment is always only if you are getting at least $1 in weekly benefits. If you are eligible for something, you get that plus $600. If you aren't eligible at all, you get nothing.

nosher

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 9:22 am
Bump
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics