Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Are your husbands going to go to minyan ?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

notshanarishona

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 7:45 am
The minyanim who are starting are not doing it with krias hatorah because having people gather around the torah or come stand together to get an aliyah is totally against social distancing.

amother
Red

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 7:48 am
here the shuls have very strict and comprehensive guidelines including for krias torah and everyone has to abide by it to participate

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 7:49 am
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
Wouldn't work for Shabbos and Yom Tov.

You can do minyan without a sefer Torah.

We're not talking about ideal times here, it's about having a minyan while keeping to safety regulations.

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 7:52 am
Yes. My husband spent over an hour last night measuring and setting up tape by the neighbor so everyone can be 6 feet away from all angles. We had been strictly following all SD rules until now. This is allowed in my area and it’s a very emotional morning as we rejoice in this ability. My husband, and his minyan, will follow any guidance given and if chv asked to stop they will. This CAN be done safely and in a lawful way. We are following all the rules. May we see the full Refuah and end to this mageifah speedily!

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 8:01 am
Started last night according to Baltimore Vaad guidelines which are very strict. Up to 13 ppl ages 13-60, cant switch minyanim, 6 ft apart, no torahs, in masks, bring your own chair and siddur, in backyards only. Have to register your minyan with the vaad and have an appointed gabbai to make sure rules are followed

amother
Silver

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 8:06 am
notshanarishona wrote:
The minyanim who are starting are not doing it with krias hatorah because having people gather around the torah or come stand together to get an aliyah is totally against social distancing.

Some minyanim the Baal korei gets all aliyos

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 8:51 am
Since lockdown we have bh had a minjan on our porch. Every family on his porch one family has a toire and does the laining plus aliyos. They are 5 men themselves. Nobody got sick bh and it was beautiful.Before you start bashing the police knew about it and they said we have followed the guidelines to the T. Plus I live in a police state. They could have closed it down if wasn't safe. The whole town had this even our rav and drs. Bh. And we are bh already opening our schools & chadurim with 1000rules by the government. Shops are already 2weeks open with Sd and still the numbers are nicely going down. From pesach no new cases bh in our community. Lets stop bashing minjanim. It's laughable that you are all busy with it while as far as I know there is only women on this site....

amother
Red

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 8:53 am
Amen Smokey!

SixOfWands

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 9:36 am
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
Breaking the “law” which was decided by one single Cuomo, completely politically driven, with zero sense or reason.
Fact is, in BP, there were hardly new cases (If any) since after pesach.

Time to reopen carefully.

As of April 1, BP had the 3rd most cases in the City.

By April 21, Shulem Leifer, a BP resident, was quoted as saying, “There is not a single Hasidic family that has been untouched. It is a plague on a biblical scale.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/0......html

The article goes on to state, "The city does not track deaths by religion, but Hasidic news media report that roughly 700 members of the community in the New York area have died from Covid-19, the disease caused by the virus."

See https://www.bhol.co.il/news/10.....=link

In 11204 alone, 135 people have died. 119 in 11218 and 202 in 11219.

"Political."

No reason at all.

Except to try to save lives.

jewishmom6

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 9:38 am
yes backyard minyan with SD.

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 9:42 am
SixOfWands wrote:
As of April 1, BP had the 3rd most cases in the City.

By April 21, Shulem Leifer, a BP resident, was quoted as saying, “There is not a single Hasidic family that has been untouched. It is a plague on a biblical scale.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/0......html

The article goes on to state, "The city does not track deaths by religion, but Hasidic news media report that roughly 700 members of the community in the New York area have died from Covid-19, the disease caused by the virus."

See https://www.bhol.co.il/news/10.....=link

In 11204 alone, 135 people have died. 119 in 11218 and 202 in 11219.

"Political."

No reason at all.

Except to try to save lives.

It's May 21 today, why are you stuck at April 1?

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 9:45 am
Yep. Backyard minyan next door following the Baltimore Vaad guidelines. DH is over 60. He spoke with his doctor before attending and was advised to keep a 10-ft distance instead of 6, so that is what he did.

Baltimore Guidelines: https://baltimorejewishlife.co.....31003

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 9:50 am
My husband has been going to a minyan for a while now, and I’m not happy about it. Some are distancing, some are not. Most are not wearing masks.
Now that there is the official go ahead, he wants to go back to his shul for shavuos, but I’m pretty sure they won’t be following all the rules. And I’m also pretty sure he will get upset when I tell him I don’t want my son going with him....
Sorry, not saying where I am.

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 9:55 am
No, not yet.

The government is open for the economy, not for vnishmartem meod lenafshoseichem.

People are worshiping minyanim instead of Hashem

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 10:07 am
Not in the US, wondering what changed? Did local state laws change?

chocolate moose

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 10:21 am
Yes, Crown Heights. In a parking lot with the men all spread out.

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 10:27 am
My husband went to minyan for the first time 2 days ago. In a strip of backyards, very socially distant. He's really not the emotional type. I only saw him cry once since we got married and he said he cried when he said amen to kaddish for the first time, it's been really really hard.

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 10:34 am
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
Not in the US, wondering what changed? Did local state laws change?

Most states are loosening restrictions. Maryland state guidelines changed late last week. Baltimore City and Baltimore County guidelines are currently stricter than the state guidelines. The Baltimore Vaad allowed backyard minyanim starting with Mincha/Maariv yesterday.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 10:36 am
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
Started last night according to Baltimore Vaad guidelines which are very strict. Up to 13 ppl ages 13-60, cant switch minyanim, 6 ft apart, no torahs, in masks, bring your own chair and siddur, in backyards only. Have to register your minyan with the vaad and have an appointed gabbai to make sure rules are followed

Over 60 it says to call a dr my father called his GP who said it was fine for him to go.

happy chick

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 10:37 am
notshanarishona wrote:

In my neighborhood, whoever gets an aliya stands in his place and says the brochos from where he is
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics