Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Zoom Uniforms

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 3:46 pm
Does your school require uniforms on Zoom?

Ema of 5

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 3:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Does your school require uniforms on Zoom?

My daughter only needs to wear her shirt, she can wear whatever skirt she wants. My boys need to wear polos, which is what they wear to school.

avrahamama

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 3:51 pm
lol my son gets an extra raffle ticket when he wears a fresh shirt to zoom and another if the shirt is a plain one that has no pictures on it.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 3:57 pm
We don’t have zoom, just phone classes, but I see kids on my block wearing uniforms. I’m not sure why as they only have phone classes.

lfab

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 4:07 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
We don’t have zoom, just phone classes, but I see kids on my block wearing uniforms. I’m not sure why as they only have phone classes.

I would guess it's becasue they don't have enough regular outfits for a full week. During the winter my kids don't have that many regular outfits since they usually wear uniforms.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 4:11 pm
lfab wrote:
I would guess it's becasue they don't have enough regular outfits for a full week. During the winter my kids don't have that many regular outfits since they usually wear uniforms.

I don’t know, the families that do it don’t seem that type that wouldn’t have enough...

zaq

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 4:12 pm
It's also because wearing the uniform creates a mindset of "I'm in school now, it's time to learn." Public schools that were not doing well academically found that test scores and behavior improved drastically when they switched to uniforms. When you're dressed in your casual clothes, your behavior will reflect that. When you're dressed for work or study, your behavior will reflect that.Call it a conditioned reflex or whatever you like, it works.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 4:17 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:

My girls have classes in small groups. Other schools have as well. My neighbors daughter just likes wearing her uniform.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 4:24 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
My girls have classes in small groups. Other schools have as well. My neighbors daughter just likes wearing her uniform.

Do the girls wear informs to their small classes?

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 4:47 pm
My kids don't have to wear a uniform. They need to be wearing clothing, not pajamas, and elementary girls are supposed to have long sleeves (which I see is not enforced).

bigsis144

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 5:17 pm
My son’s school says uniform shirts are “recommended” on Zoom to create a school atmosphere, but DS10 has so far refused to wear his uniform since school let out.

It’s warm enough that he has enough non-uniform shirts between his long and short sleeve shirts but he would rather wear the same two pairs of sweatpants every day, never wearing his uniform slacks even when his sweatpants get ripped or dirty... good thing no one sees his pants!!

(And I’m sooo annoyed that Target stam is not selling sweatpants this time of year... my sons are so picky/sensory about their pants, and if they destroy their current pants, I have no idea what they’ll wear until shorts season starts!)

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 5:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do the girls wear informs to their small classes?

Yes.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 4:15 am
My ds is in HS. The school asked parents to take a picture of their ds during their zoom class for the dinner. My ds was willing to until he heard what it was for and said they won’t use it anyway because he’s wearing a t-shirt and not a button down shirt. He doesn’t like being in pictures anyway. I’m sure he wasn’t the only one though.

Raisin

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 4:46 am
My kids online school (it's always been online, not because of Corona) has a dress code. White polo shirt or something like that. My daughter ignores it and never seems to get into trouble. Maybe just her teachers are not strict about it though.

My husband is teaching on zoom to not frum kids and they refuse to come on camera. When he asked why some of them admitted they are still in pjs!!!

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 4:59 am
Raisin wrote:
My kids online school (it's always been online, not because of Corona) has a dress code. White polo shirt or something like that. My daughter ignores it and never seems to get into trouble. Maybe just her teachers are not strict about it though.

My husband is teaching on zoom to not frum kids and they refuse to come on camera. When he asked why some of them admitted they are still in pjs!!!

My Yeshiva day school students come on camera in their Pjs every day.

Moonlight

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 5:05 am
Yes uniform required

icebreaker

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 5:22 am
No. But my kids school doesn’t have uniform.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics