Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
How much are you collecting, unemployment
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 9:58 am
hello12341 wrote:
Not sure what state you are in, but in NY and NJ there is no such thing as getting just the $600 per week. If you aren't eligible for state unemployment, you are eligible for PUA (Pandemic Unemployment Assistance). You are supposed to get a percentage of your average weekly salary that you earned in your base year. (In NJ its 60%). For PUA there is a minimum payout (in NJ its $231, NY I forgot, something like $182 or something). On top of whatever payment you get, they add $600.

In NJ, they are currently not calculating the amount that you should be getting for PUA. They are giving everyone the minimum and saying that they will figure out later how much they owe everyone. And many on PUA are reporting not receiving the $600 per week yet either.

In general, the $600 payment is always only if you are getting at least $1 in weekly benefits. If you are eligible for something, you get that plus $600. If you aren't eligible at all, you get nothing.

Not true. We live in ny. Dh is self employed so didnt quality for regular unemployment but did for the 600

Notsobusy

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 10:09 am
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
I’m in NJ and applied over 3 weeks ago. Still waiting. Anyone know if we will receive back pay?

Yes. I'm in NJ also, my claim was pending for 4 weeks. I got approved last week and when I certified it gave me the option to keep adding weeks until I certified for all the weeks. Two days later I got four direct deposits, one for each week. I didnt get the $600, not sure why, I hope it shows up soon.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 10:19 am
Notsobusy wrote:
Yes. I'm in NJ also, my claim was pending for 4 weeks. I got approved last week and when I certified it gave me the option to keep adding weeks until I certified for all the weeks. Two days later I got four direct deposits, one for each week. I didnt get the $600, not sure why, I hope it shows up soon.

What day did the benefits start showing up? My husband gets PUA on mondays so just wondering if you might need to way until Monday.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 10:20 am
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
Any one know how to get back pay??? Only got for this week now. And also I'm only receiving the minimium $182. Why? Anyo e knows how it works?

Anyway I can get my money from previous weeks

I was in the same situation 2 days ago. Bh, today it shows on my labor account that all the amounts were deposited (takes up to three days to see it in account).
This is what helped:
Go to your account, go to messages, Click on the picture of the envelope and write to them. You have to choose a topic- I chose certification and payments. Then explain briefly that you started getting payments, but haven't received anything for x amount of weeks since applying. I literally sent it yesterday and today I saw that it was taken care of!!! I am guessing that the message I sent helped and that it wasn't just coincidence ( but I'll never know...) Good luck!! I filed in mid March and was losing all hope!!!

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 10:57 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I was just approved. Dont know how much ill be gettinf yet.
Also am unsure if I qualifies for unemployment or just the 600 for coronavirus as im self employed.
How much ar3 you collecting total? Is it less than your income?
Totally out of curiousity!

I'm getting half my paycheck so its 360 plus 600 so its 960 a week
Thank you hashem

Notsobusy

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 11:08 am
What day did the benefits start showing up? My husband gets PUA on mondays so just wondering if you might need to way until Monday.

When I certified it said I would receive it within 3 business days and I got it two days later which was a Tuesday.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 11:18 am
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
I would be thrilled to make $600 a week. Thats more than my regular income. I have been begging my boss to put me on unemployment so I dont have to juggle working at home without childcare but she needs me to keep working .

And it costs her.
You can go on family leave.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 11:20 am
Notsobusy wrote:
When I certified it said I would receive it within 3 business days and I got it two days later which was a Tuesday.

Ok so hopefully you’ll start getting the PUA on Monday. Good luck!

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 11:21 am
If you are in ny and working 3 days - regardless of pay and hours you can’t get. They reduce your pay per day worked. It’s a horrible rule that could be impacting reduced payments.

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 4:06 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
If you are in ny and working 3 days - regardless of pay and hours you can’t get. They reduce your pay per day worked. It’s a horrible rule that could be impacting reduced payments.

Oh wow could that be the reason I’m
Only getting $182?? Where did you see that?I was working 3 x a week (since September ) but making $1000weekly

Notsobusy

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 4:12 pm
Ok so hopefully you’ll start getting the PUA on Monday. Good luck!

I hope! Thanks

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 4:27 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:

If you work 3 days you don't get the $600? I thought it was only if you worked more then 3 days?

amother
White

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 4:33 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
I'm not eligible for state unemployment. Federal hasn't been processed yet, but hopefully will get the 600 weekly. Definitely less than my usual income Sad

What do you mean? I can apply for both?

Cookin4days

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 4:39 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
If you work 3 days you don't get the $600? I thought it was only if you worked more then 3 days?

If you make more then $504 a week and/or work more then 4 days I think then you don't get. For each day you do work your benefit gets reduced ie if you get $182 and you work one day it is reduced to $136. You still get the full $600

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 4:44 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:

Your right. 20% is deducted from each day.

hello12341

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 2:16 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Not true. We live in ny. Dh is self employed so didnt quality for regular unemployment but did for the 600

Then they owe him money. Because there is a minimum payout for PUA in NY. Check the website.

amother
Violet

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 2:23 am
IF YOU'RE IN NY

The minimum is $182. I got that too. You will receive a letter in the mail showing your wages that the number is based on. Likely it won't match your actual wages. There is a form to fill out (request for reconsideration) that you need to fill out with your correct wage information and any proof you have.

U/e amount in NY is based on your highest paid quarter, divided by 26.

If you were making $1000 per week in 2019 (possibly Q4 2018, depending when you filed), you should be getting $500 unemployment + $600 PUA.

Keep your eyes out for that letter and fill out the correction form.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics