Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Are your husbands going to go to minyan ?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 7:42 am
notshanarishona wrote:
The minyanim who are starting are not doing it with krias hatorah because having people gather around the torah or come stand together to get an aliyah is totally against social distancing.

The minyan my husband has been going to has a Seder torah, and people come to the torah for their Aliyah. How do I know? Because someone sent me a video of my son gettin an Aliyah- his first since his bar mitzvah a few months ago. I was not happy, just like I will not be happy when my husband insists on taking him to his shul on shavuos.

OutofTown Girl

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 7:44 am
I'm in Flatbush. B"h our shul opened for Shacharis this morning! Ten men in the main bais medrash, ten men in the balcony ezras nashim. (I think they planned to have the baal korei take all aliyos, so no one would have to come closer than 6 feet.) We have been and continue to be strict about SDing.

chocolatecake

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 7:47 am
I live in five towns and my husband went to shachris this morning In a neighbors backyard.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 8:11 am
happy chick wrote:
In my neighborhood, whoever gets an aliya stands in his place and says the brochos from where he is

Don’t they have to follow along in the Torah for their aliyah?
I heard some shuls are using a second Torah. Where the one getting Aliyah stands there and reads along silently.

amother
Blue

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 11:16 am
I live in Marine Park my husbands Shul is supposed to start on Shabbos

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 11:17 am
LES- people have to sign up on the website for specific minyan times with only 10 men per minyan. The shul is only doing mincha, and everyone has to bring their own siddur.

mizle10

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 11:34 am
A minyan without a sefer torah is better than no minyan at all!! It is what it is, we can only do our best.

amother
Violet

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 2:34 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
As of April 1, BP had the 3rd most cases in the City.

By April 21, Shulem Leifer, a BP resident, was quoted as saying, “There is not a single Hasidic family that has been untouched. It is a plague on a biblical scale.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/0......html

The article goes on to state, "The city does not track deaths by religion, but Hasidic news media report that roughly 700 members of the community in the New York area have died from Covid-19, the disease caused by the virus."

See https://www.bhol.co.il/news/10.....=link

In 11204 alone, 135 people have died. 119 in 11218 and 202 in 11219.

"Political."

No reason at all.

Except to try to save lives.

ny times likes you as a Jew as much as they like Boro Park Jews.

Ny times is not accurate and biased reporting.

bhol.co.il is a website based on "frum" website from Northern Lakewood from former yeshivish people who hate all frum people.

Even if the above statistics are true, everything has a limit. The lockdown by now is more a sign of "control" than actual necessity.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics