Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Summer Camps And Daycamp
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

asmileaday

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 8:12 pm
I asked the camp to hold off processing more payments (they have my cc number). They were nice about it and made no issue. There's no way I'm throwing more money at this even though they claim they will give back the money if they don't open.
As long as it's in my pocket it's mine.

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 8:14 pm
I emailed the director of my kids sleepaway camp & at this point they said they just don’t know.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 12:24 pm
It’s May 15, any updates?

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 12:25 pm
I think we can forget about it
Cuomo extended lock down till mid June .

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 12:50 pm
Does this mean that now we will not get to find out if camps are opening until mid-June??? This is crazy.

hi dear

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 12:02 am
I think the kids will be miserable under strict rules and pressure of all guidlines....in my opinion its not worthed opening the camps

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 3:03 am
Quite a few town supervisors in Sullivan county just sent a letter to the Health Dept recommending NOT opening the camps this summer...

We shall see how that unfolds. It is not looking good.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 1:39 am
are there any updates???

southernbubby

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 8:01 am
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
Quite a few town supervisors in Sullivan county just sent a letter to the Health Dept recommending NOT opening the camps this summer...

We shall see how that unfolds. It is not looking good.

There was a letter written to the community on the VIN email by a camp nurse who said that a sleep away camp is not a closed system. Some of the non-Jewish workers are local residents who go home every night and food and other supplies are delivered regularly. She also said that many campers and staff often go to the local ER for treatment of minor illnesses and injuries. She basically felt that there was a real concern about campers and staff getting sick.

sub

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 8:58 am
Take a look at what’s happening in Israel.
They are trying to open schools and every day there are headlines saying that a teacher or rebbi or student is testing positive and they need to close The school down and quarantine.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 9:17 am
My camps still don’t know...

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 11:29 am
Camp is definitely not a closed system, we all know the truth! People feel that covid19 is not dangerous for children so they're willing to lie and promise the govt whatever they want to hear so they can reopen the camps. But, in actuality, there will be no closed systems.....food will be delivered, kids will go to hospitals, staff will go to Walmart, staffs spouses will come up to camp for shabbos, service people from the neighborhood will go home to their families....

As far as my opinion on whether camps will reopen, depends which group of people will have the most strings to pull politically....

Sorry, mothers, but that's the unvarnished truth....

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 11:31 am
any ideas on when there will be some definitive answers either way? this being in limbo is insane!!!!

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 2:02 pm
It’s ridiculous that we still don’t get definite answers. My summer plans very much depend on whether camps will open or not. How late is it okay for them to let us know? Can’t they just get down to business with Cuomo or whoever else needs to be involved, and decide whether it’s a yes or no?

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 2:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It’s ridiculous that we still don’t get definite answers. My summer plans very much depend on whether camps will open or not. How late is it okay for them to let us know? Can’t they just get down to business with Cuomo or whoever else needs to be involved, and decide whether it’s a yes or no?

Please believe that the camp administrators are alot more frustrated than you. They have a whole camp to set up complete with staff, programs, supplies, kitchen and food stock. You can't exactly open a camp in a week span of time. Have sympathy, this sucks.

Take your frustration out on our competent and caring politicians that are letting everyone hang in the limbo.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 2:10 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
any ideas on when there will be some definitive answers either way? this being in limbo is insane!!!!

At this point I'm prepping myself that there will be no camp. Which sucks, especially for my young teenage son who's yeshivah hasn't been doing a good job with distant learning. He has hardly had any structure since lockdown.
It also sucks for me. I'm due at the end of the summer. My kids are big and were supposed to be in camp and daycamp. I was looking forward to some quiet downtime before this baby comes. I was hoping to cook and bake a lot and stock up my freezer for yomtov. Ain't gonna happen with the kids home all day and relying on me for entertainment.

Oh well. I'm grateful though that we're all healthy and alive b"h.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 2:10 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
Please believe that the camp administrators are alot more frustrated than you. They have a whole camp to set up complete with staff, programs, supplies, kitchen and food stock. You can't exactly open a camp in a week span of time. Have sympathy, this sucks.

Take your frustration out on our competent and caring politicians that are letting everyone hang in the limbo.

Right I’m not blaming the camp administrators. I guess I’m just frustrated but they are definitely not at fault.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 2:12 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
At this point I'm prepping myself that there will be no camp. Which sucks, especially for my young teenage son who's yeshivah hasn't been doing a good job with distant learning. He has hardly had any structure since lockdown.
It also sucks for me. I'm due at the end of the summer. My kids are big and were supposed to be in camp and daycamp. I was looking forward to some quiet downtime before this baby comes. I was hoping to cook and bake a lot and stock up my freezer for yomtov. Ain't gonna happen with the kids home all day and relying on me for entertainment.

Oh well. I'm grateful though that we're all healthy and alive b"h.

At this point I’ll be perfectly ok if they’d just say that the answer is no. But I need some time to make alternate plans.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 11:46 pm
I was told that by this week we’ll get a final answer about camp. FINALLY!

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 8:38 pm
Anyone got answers yet? I did see some daycamp ads but not the ones that belong to schools. Camp had no answer yet as of yesterday.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics