Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Orlando
Previous  1  2

amother
Olive

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 11:17 pm
A Lakewood caterer sent down a truck for Shabbos
A guy who cuts hair is advertising his services in Orlando for lag baomer
Ppl are definetly traveling

amother
Coral

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 11:43 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
A Lakewood caterer sent down a truck for Shabbos
A guy who cuts hair is advertising his services in Orlando for lag baomer
Ppl are definetly traveling

can you post info on food deliveries in orlando if possible

amother
Olive

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 11:45 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
can you post info on food deliveries in orlando if possible

Epstein’s meat in Lakewood sent down prepared food last week. You can order a pkg or make your own.

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 11:47 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Epstein’s meat in Lakewood sent down prepared food last week. You can order a pkg or make your own.

The Grove will deliver groceries with a $400 minimum.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 1:27 pm
If anyone here is currently in Orlando, please use your head. And don't make a Chilul Hashem. Disney springs just opened, with face masks required for everyone over age 3. A very obviously frum family was posted on social media NOT wearing masks, setting up their own personal BBQ in the middle of Disney springs. Obviously security intervened. Why? Why? Why?

watergirl

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 1:53 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
If anyone here is currently in Orlando, please use your head. And don't make a Chilul Hashem. Disney springs just opened, with face masks required for everyone over age 3. A very obviously frum family was posted on social media NOT wearing masks, setting up their own personal BBQ in the middle of Disney springs. Obviously security intervened. Why? Why? Why?

I saw the picture. I always question the people who think its ok to snap a photo and post it on the web. It was not a family, it was two frum (I am intentionally not describing them further) women and 2 very young kids (a toddler and a baby). With a flame that was very visible and they were grilling hot dogs. I’m not sure why they felt the need to cook hot food in a place with a no open flame rule. I’m sure they have their defense ready. I would love to know why they felt they HAD to cook and why a sandwich or whatever would not work. I’m sure they think they did nothing wrong. At least one of them had a mask on. Its not rocket science. No open flame means no cooking in this place.

Ladies. Please listen. The world is watching us. The comments on that post were horrible and these ladies brought it on all of us. On me, on you. You MUST go to Orlando? Third party parks are opening on a trial basis. So fine. Go. But for goodness sake, make a kiddish Hashem! I tell this to my kids before we walk into Target. All the more so at Disney!

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 4:02 pm
watergirl wrote:
I saw the picture. I always question the people who think its ok to snap a photo and post it on the web. It was not a family, it was two frum (I am intentionally not describing them further) women and 2 very young kids (a toddler and a baby). With a flame that was very visible and they were grilling hot dogs. I’m not sure why they felt the need to cook hot food in a place with a no open flame rule. I’m sure they have their defense ready. I would love to know why they felt they HAD to cook and why a sandwich or whatever would not work. I’m sure they think they did nothing wrong. At least one of them had a mask on. Its not rocket science. No open flame means no cooking in this place.

Ladies. Please listen. The world is watching us. The comments on that post were horrible and these ladies brought it on all of us. On me, on you. You MUST go to Orlando? Third party parks are opening on a trial basis. So fine. Go. But for goodness sake, make a kiddish Hashem! I tell this to my kids before we walk into Target. All the more so at Disney!

I guess you only saw one picture, but there was another with around 8 kids sitting around a picnic table eating the hot dogs. It's all over the internet and it's just a huge embarrassment.

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 4:05 pm
I guess you only saw one picture, but there was another with around 8 kids sitting around a picnic table eating the hot dogs. It's all over the internet and it's just a huge embarrassment.

That's embarrassing.
I thought masks aren't required in Florida anymore.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 4:08 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
That's embarrassing.
I thought masks aren't required in Florida anymore.

That's incorrect. It's not required to wear a mask every time you step out of your home but in many circumstances it is required. As is the case at the just reopened Disney springs (where open flames are also not allowed).

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 4:10 pm
That's incorrect. It's not required to wear a mask every time you step out of your home but in many circumstances it is required. As is the case at the just reopened Disney springs (where open flames are also not allowed).

Maybe they didn't know that open flames aren't allowed?
My friend lives in Hollywood, masks aren't required there.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 4:18 pm
Maybe they didn't know that open flames aren't allowed?
My friend lives in Hollywood, masks aren't required there.

I don't live in Hollywood, but I'm almost positive that masks are required inside all businesses there.

At Disney springs they told everyone who entered that masks are required.

ETA I actually went to a park in Hollywood this week. They required all visitors to have a mask with them in case they were not able to maintain social distancing. Some people were wearing them the whole time regardless (it was not at all crowded).

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 4:23 pm
I don't live in Hollywood, but I'm almost positive that masks are required inside all businesses there.

At Disney springs they told everyone who entered that masks are required.

ETA I actually went to a park in Hollywood this week. They required all visitors to have a mask with them in case they were not able to maintain social distancing. Some people were wearing them the whole time regardless (it was not at all crowded).

Oh makes sense. I guess every place has their own policies.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 6:21 pm
Target and Starbucks here require masks, Walmart does not.
Nail salons do ask you to wear it.
I'm not sure every store's policy, I just wear my mask regardless because it's a recommended guideline and especially as a yid I'm not looking to get extra eyes on me.

asmileaday

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 6:31 pm
I do wonder though, why was 1 lady wearing a mask and the other not? Every single passerby was wearing a mask (saw a video), the friend she was with is wearing one, so why couldn't she wear one?
Must be these women have never heard of social media and didn't dream they'd be plastered all over it Sad . Very sad.

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 7:44 pm
Even without the pandemic, these people didn’t realize that you don’t take a grill to a mall and start a flame on a table?

No one is that stupid. The pandemic and masks have nothing to do with it.

If these people were sophisticated enough to go to Disney Springs on opening day, surely they realized that it is outside of any kind of appropriate behavior to grill food. Banging head Banging head

No one would have problems if they took sandwiches and snacks like normal people. LOL

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 7:49 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
Even without the pandemic, these people didn’t realize that you don’t take a grill to a mall and start a flame on a table.

If these people were sophisticated enough, to go to Disney Springs on opening day, surely they realized that it is outside of any kind of appropriate behavior to grill food. Banging head Banging head

No one would have problems if they took sandwiches and snacks like normal people. LOL

They grilled at a mall??

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 7:52 pm
They grilled at a mall??

Yes. Disney Springs is where they were. It is essentially an outdoor mall with restaurants and stores.

Nit that grilling in a theme park would be more acceptable. You grill at a public park which has grills and picnic benches. You don’t bring a grill to a mall. Be discreet and bring a sandwich. No one would have cared. It was the open flame that was the issue.

watergirl

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 8:05 pm

You’re right, I didn't see another picture or video. BH it hasn’t made it to the fb groups I’m in yet, just this one.

Even without the pandemic, these people didn’t realize that you don’t take a grill to a mall and start a flame on a table.

If these people were sophisticated enough, to go to Disney Springs on opening day, surely they realized that it is outside of any kind of appropriate behavior to grill food. Banging head Banging head

This.

This place apparently was clear, no open flames.

But to me its part of the bigger issue thats been illustrated in these Florida/COVID threads. No, you can not do whatever you want. Yes, there are rules. Yes, they apply to everyone. Yes, people break them. And yes, Frum Jews are more visible and held to a higher standard.

amother
Copper

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 8:32 pm

They just are that stupid. Not nice to say it but I think it’s better to know that truth than to think they knew how bizzare and not ok this was and went ahead and did it anyways...

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 8:45 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
They just are that stupid. Not nice to say it but I think it’s better to know that truth than to think they knew how bizzare and not ok this was and went ahead and did it anyways...

I can’t wrap my head around people not knowing that you don’t grill on a table in front of a restaurant in a private mall.

Would these people typically go to a mall in their home town and grill? Has anyone observed that anywhere at anytime. It’s so bizarre that it defies comprehension.

I was on the social media sites and ironically the majority of the commentators didn’t realize the women were Jewish. Some of them wondered why they were wearing flesh stockings with sandals but it was part of feeling the women were bizarre and engaging in bizarre behavior.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics