Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Video Editing

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 8:16 am
Anyone know which course is really good for Photoshop/ video editing? Clear and not boring
(I'm 43- not looking for college)
Also which program do you recommend?
Premiere pro or other?

Thank you

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 9:33 pm
Bump

amother
Black

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 9:36 pm
https://www.linkedin.com/in/malkiescholnick

I see her and her students work on LinkedIn.

CiCi

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 9:50 pm
I can't tell you what course to take, but here's a book Peachpitt Press Editor's Guide to Premiere Pro... but a book is definitely boring...

At this time, Premiere Pro is the most popular program that editors use. I tried many programs and ended up staying with Premiere Pro. If you are using Photoshop then you should for sure stay with Premiere Pro because you can go back and forth within the programs.

Just be aware that you cannot get anymore versions that are not cloud based so your computer must always be connected to the internet if you don't have CS6 or an earlier version.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 11:46 pm
Thank you
What other programs have you used?
Did you try final cut
And do you know of you tubers who teach well or a course that's affordable?

CiCi

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 12:32 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you
What other programs have you used?
Did you try final cut
And do you know of you tubers who teach well or a course that's affordable?

Final Cut Pro is for Mac, it doesn't work on Windows and I only use Windows.

The only other pro editing program I tried was Grass Valley Edius which is not that popular in the US. I do remember liking it a lot and I don't remember why I switched to Premiere.

I tried many consumer editing programs like Cyberlink Powerdirector, Pinnacle Studio, and a few others. I don't remember which ones exactly as it was approximately 5 years ago when I tried them out. For basic editing they do the same thing in one step than in Premiere where it takes 3 steps to do the same thing. The quality of the exported videos were not so good from these programs as they were from Adobe. Maybe today it's different. Premier Pro has the capabilities for more advanced editing teqniques that the consumer programs don't have.

I will be buying new computer soon and don't plan to upgrade my Adobe Suite CS6 to Adobe Cloud. I'm planning to try Davinci Resolve editing program which many editors are switching to because they don't want to pay Adobe for a monthly prescription. I'm also planning to try again Grass Valley Edius.
There's Avid Media Composer that's in the same price bracket as the Adobe Suite but I'm not interested in paying that price only for an editing program. With Adobe CS6 I got Photoshop, Illustrator and other programs so it was worth it.

As far as learning the Premiere, I bought the book I mentioned in the previous post. I didn't have patience to learn page by page so I tried figuring out the program myself and if I got stuck then I searched for answers in the book. Nowadays I do the same with YouTube and Google but only when I get stuck or look to do a specific teqnique then I will listen to tutorial that teach me that specifically. So therefore I'm not experienced with tutorials that teach the basics. But you can just search for "Premiere Pro tutorials" and I'm sure you can get plenty of basic tutorials that will teach the basics of the program.

mp5

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 1:09 am
I use Pinnacle Studio, and self-taught with free youtube tutorials. I am very happy with it.

In the distant past I used others, I forgot which, and I remember that the principles were similar (though the technology less advanced as this was many years ago)

Violet123

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 1:35 am
Yes. The price of premiere is high and I'd like to get more so if I want all Adobe it's $50 plus a month which I think is crazy.
Thank you so much

CiCi

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 1:46 am
Violet123 wrote:
Yes. The price of premiere is high and I'd like to get more so if I want all Adobe it's $50 plus a month which I think is crazy.
Thank you so much

They are nuts! $50 is still the old price! Last year it went up $3 for Adobe CC for all apps to 53$ a month!

I really hope Davinci Resolve that so many editors are moving to will work for me as well. I'm so reliant on Adobe though, I don't know what I'll do 😨 I use Photoshop, Premiere Pro and Illustrator...and also another Adobe program that's not in Adobe CC and it's another $10 month! Besides for being so reliant on these programs, I have no patience to start learning other programs now...🥴

Violet123

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 1:56 am
CiCi wrote:
They are nuts! $50 is still the old price! Last year it went up $3 for Adobe CC for all apps to 53$ a month!

I really hope Davinci Resolve that so many editors are moving to will work for me as well. I'm so reliant on Adobe though, I don't know what I'll do 😨 I use Photoshop, Premiere Pro and Illustrator...and also another Adobe program that's not in Adobe CC and it's another $10 month! Besides for being so reliant on these programs, I have no patience to start learning other programs now...🥴

Can I ask what you use all this for?

CiCi

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 2:19 am
Violet123 wrote:
Can I ask what you use all this for?

I don't want to go into specifics as this a public forum, but I work with digital media. I know, it's obvious if I use these programs then I work with digital media...sorry I can't be more specific.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics