Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Lnha license in NJ

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 8:31 pm
What is the easiest path to get the LNHA license? I see that prior to taking the exam, you have to be an administrator in training (ait) for at least 1,700 hours. Is it hard to find a ait position?

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 9:47 pm
My husband is doing this now in NY. We actually lived in Lakewood and moved to Brooklyn because he found an AIT job here.
(he still has a hour plus commute each way everyday because it's all the way out)

In our experience, a decent AIT job is hard to come by if you don't have connections and/or you want to learn something. When DH was looking, someone told him, you can hang out in my home and I'll sign the papers, but I'm not set up to teach you anything.

If you are patient, you will see an ad come up for one from time to time. Better yet, if you know an administrator, ask them if they are on a WhatsApp chat with other administrators and they can ask if anyone is looking for an AIT for you.

The point is hands on training so that you know what you are doing when you run a home. They also have to take a licensing exam after the year is up.

I think it might be harder to find an AIT position than a job as administrator. Some people actually told him, come back when you're an administrator. I'll probably have a job for you but find somewhere else to train.

Also, if you are in lakewood, expect to have to commute. It's a pretty popular job there and the close jobs get snatched up by people with connections usually.

Also, depending on the home, you may work for free the entire year. that's considered standard.
If you do a 2 year program, they will pay about 40k a year.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics