Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Headbands leaving mark on baby's head

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 5:50 am
Headbands are leaving a red mark on my baby's head so I stopped putting them on her. Her head is normally sized ; not sure why these bands don't fit! Is this normal?

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 7:14 am
How old is the baby and what size/type headbands are you getting?

fleetwood

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 9:28 am
Yes! That's why my girls never wore them. Plus I always thought they looked silly

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 9:29 am
3 months.
Size 6-12 months or one size fits all

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 9:29 am
OK, seriously now. Covid brain fuzz here. I read the thread title as "Husband leaving mark on my baby's head"....

thunderstorm

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 9:37 am
I found that for babies the headbands that are made out of the nylon that is like pantyhose were the ones that didn’t leave marks and are still the most comfortable.

I posted a link so that you could see the band part...that’s the type that I am referring to. It expands and is very stretchy.

https://www.amazon.com/Headban.....5f-20

Radish

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 9:45 am
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
OK, seriously now. Covid brain fuzz here. I read the thread title as "Husband leaving mark on my baby's head"....

LOL same here LOL LOL LOL

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 9:55 am
thunderstorm wrote:
I found that for babies the headbands that are made out of the nylon that is like pantyhose were the ones that didn’t leave marks and are still the most comfortable.

I posted a link so that you could see the band part...that’s the type that I am referring to. It expands and is very stretchy.

https://www.amazon.com/Headban.....5f-20

I only use these type headbands on babies. They're the most comfy.

wifeandmore

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 10:20 am
Radish wrote:
LOL same here LOL LOL LOL

Me too 😂

iyar

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 10:51 am
Sorry OP, I never got the headband on baby girl idea. If they're leaving marks, leave her alone. I'm sure she's beautiful without the headband. Baby girls just are. (Baby boys too.)

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 11:07 am
iyar wrote:
Sorry OP, I never got the headband on baby girl idea. If they're leaving marks, leave her alone. I'm sure she's beautiful without the headband. Baby girls just are. (Baby boys too.)

Because you don't "get" it, OP shouldn't put on a headband? I think it's adorable. The right headband should be comfortable.

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 11:59 am
wifeandmore wrote:
Me too 😂

Me three
LOL LOL

amother
White

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 12:04 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Me three
LOL LOL

Me four. I was gonna put it in the first reaction to thread titles thread. Glad I checked here before. We all got the same covid syndrome.

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 12:06 pm
iyar wrote:

I use them because she has straight hair and her bangs flop in her eyes otherwise. Clips and pony’s terrify me in terms of her putting them in her mouth, so headbands it is.

We use stretchy cotton ones from zulily and find they’re great.

PeanutMama

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 12:35 pm
Me five

Op,
If you’re concerned about her head getting a weird shape dont put headbands till she is at least a year old and has longer hair

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 2:39 pm
Thank you two, three, four and five for the validation...

amother
Natural

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 4:05 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
Me five

Op,
If you’re concerned about her head getting a weird shape dont put headbands till she is at least a year old and has longer hair

Some babies have long hair. My daughter was in a ponytail before her first birthday because headbands weren't keeping her hair out of her eyes anymore.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, May 23 2020, 12:43 pm
I never understood headbands on babies. Why is this a thing?

I never got to mess with DD's hair, because every time I tried to put a barrette or bow on her, she'd rip it off, throw it across the room, and scream! Even at just a few months old, she was very clear that she did not like stuff on her head, and has been that way ever since. Even a low pony tail drove her crazy.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sat, May 23 2020, 7:13 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

I never got to mess with DD's hair, because every time I tried to put a barrette or bow on her, she'd rip it off, throw it across the room, and scream! Even at just a few months old, she was very clear that she did not like stuff on her head, and has been that way ever since. Even a low pony tail drove her crazy.

Because some babies have hair that flops into their eyes and they tolerate headbands more than clips.

amother
Sienna

Post Sat, May 23 2020, 8:23 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

It's a thing because headbands on baby girls are adorable.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics