Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
100 k +
Previous  1  2  3

malki2

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 8:47 am
r1 wrote:
What is a project manager? Where would one start out? Sounds fascinating!

I don’t think it’s as simple as it sounds (unless government is different). You usually need to be part of a team for a while and understand the projects that the company is involved in, and after you gain that familiarity, and they believe that you have the requisite management skills, they promote you to project manager. You don’t just fall into a company and say, hey, can I manage your projects for you?

malki2

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 8:48 am
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
With everything that's going on, I don't think this is a good time to get into the nursing home industry.

I think that if someone starts training now, Covid-19 will be done by the time they are ready to go into a nursing home. Otherwise we will all be in trouble.

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 9:21 am
malki2 wrote:
I think that if someone starts training now, Covid-19 will be done by the time they are ready to go into a nursing home. Otherwise we will all be in trouble.

Financially I am sure there will be big changes (about time imo). A lot more money will be spent on the residents and their medical care, hiring more workers. So possible pay cuts for big administrators, less profit for the owners, for sure.
A lot of governors are already talking about major overhauls and questioning the lack of oversight. There has been a lot of bad PR and they are definitely going to be more scrutinized going forward.

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 9:23 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
A social worker or another kind of therapy?

Social worker

amother
Seagreen

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 9:38 am
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
Computer science. Starting salaries around 80K and can reasonably expect over 100K with 3 years on the job. Ivy League not necessary at all, but I think a real degree is - not one of these courses. I went to a regular local college.

If I post under my screen name would you be ok to pm me?
I’m interested in hearing more about this degree.

Thank you

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 10:08 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What jobs/career can one make a 100 k + salary on?

My husband is an actuary and makes over that. He's not fully qualified yet - with each exam pass his salary goes up. It should double from what it currently is now upon qualification. We are not in the US. He went to university in London - worked there a few years and then left.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 11:57 am
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
With everything that's going on, I don't think this is a good time to get into the nursing home industry.

FYI not all nursing homes were severely effected.
My husband started in a small nursing home practically straight out of yeshiva as account receivable and a 30k salary.
6.5 years down the line, he is now a C.O.O in a chain of nursing homes in PA and he is in the middle of becoming a partner. Bh he makes a very nice salary and once he becomes a partner he will be making more than double what he makes now. Iyh!
I wouldn’t recommend a woman going into that field as it is super demanding and very not flexible. Performance is the number one Key for being a successful Administrator in the nursing home industry. My husband needs to be available literally around the clock 6 days a week including motzei shabbos. Sometimes that means driving 4 hours at night to the nursing home that is in crisis.
If you have the siaata dish maya you can go a long way in being successful in nursing homes, but the price you pay for it isn’t for everyone.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics