Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Govt easing restrictions...can I see my parents?

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 2:09 pm
Now that my state government is telling me that outdoor gatherings of 25 are okay...can I have a normal outdoor visit with my parents? No hugging or sitting close to each other, but can we maybe graduate from waving from the window visits? Idk why I still don’t feel like I can...

thunderstorm

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 2:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Now that my state government is telling me that outdoor gatherings of 25 are okay...can I have a normal outdoor visit with my parents? No hugging or sitting close to each other, but can we maybe graduate from waving from the window visits? Idk why I still don’t feel like I can...

If they are 6 ft away with masks they could’ve visited your yard during this whole time.

amother
Denim

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 2:19 pm
No one knows anything. Do what you feel is right for your family

Radish

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 4:19 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
No one knows anything. Do what you feel is right for your family

👆

soap suds

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 4:38 pm
The gov. is easing restrictions because the hospitals are no longer overwhelmed. They have ICU beds and ventilators on standby in case anyone gets sick due to reopening. To quote someone on this site, all it means is - Don't worry, we have a ventilator ready for you.

If you were oncerned about your parents health until now, then nothing changed. If the only reason you stayed away was because it was against the law, then you can now gather in small groupw with SD.

Mama Bear

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 4:42 pm
Did they have the virus yet? Do they feel safe going out already?
My parents havent had the virus. They've been sitting ducks since mid-March. Theyre slowly starting to go out now, and most of their friends their age are still nervous and no one is sure.

southernbubby

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 5:07 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
Did they have the virus yet? Do they feel safe going out already?
My parents havent had the virus. They've been sitting ducks since mid-March. Theyre slowly starting to go out now, and most of their friends their age are still nervous and no one is sure.

Sounds like us. The Crown Heights organization called the Gedalia Society said that we can get together, outside, at a distance, wearing masks. Better than nothing but I want to hold the babies and they said no close contact.

HonesttoGod

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 6:37 pm
My in laws had the virus. They still don’t want us in the house but we hope to have a shabbat/YT meal
In their yard sitting at opposite ends of the table. Outside is better than inside supposedly.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics