Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Do wives want their husbands home?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Copper

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 6:51 pm
Yes! DH is working from home and I'm running the house and homeschool. It's great to have him around when I need an extra pair of hands or eyes for 5 minutes, like when the baby had a dirty diaper and the preschooler was cutting up fruit to make a design along with her Zoom class. It's also useful when I have to run errands because I can't take the kids with me. Mostly I love having him home these days because I don't have to worry about him taking public transportation and being exposed to hundreds of people at work. Plus we can all eat dinner as a family without waiting for DH to get home!

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 6:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
DH says the majority of wives don't want their husbands home. Do you want your husband home?

He’s right I don’t want my husband around a whole day when I’m doing stuff working on kids schedule etc I want him home when house is calm

doodlesmom

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 7:04 pm
A non productive husband is usually an eyesore, especially if your schedule is full.
So the reason why they are home would be a big difference as to if I like it or not.
My husbands lack of schedule now is probably a bigger issue. He is always and never available.

amother
Gray

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 7:08 pm
Some need their husbands home because they need to work!!

tichellady

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 7:15 pm
Also depends on how big the home is and if there’s space for everyone or they are all on top of each other

amother
Purple

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 7:16 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
Some need their husbands home because they need to work!!

Yes this is me. I bring in the income and I work 9-4. So he's gotta be the babysitter of our two little ones.
DH is usually in Kollel during regular times, but now ain't that much learning happening. (During kids naps and after I'm done work.)
It's hard working from home while I hear the kids and DH, but I close my door and it.

Thank Gd he's so good with the kids. (In some ways better than me!)

mom of cuties

Post Sat, May 23 2020, 2:42 pm
I wish my husband was home!!
He’s an essential worker so he’s been gone all day and sometimes all night.
I’m home alone with my adorable delicious but so demanding and overly active kids- all day every day...
This mama needs a break. And adult companionship. I’m lonely. Tired. Overwhelmed.
I wish he was home.

Raisin

Post Sat, May 23 2020, 7:16 pm
he generally works mostly from home although he leaves to do various things during the day. (meetings, classes) Now most of those are virtual. The major difference now is having my kids home. Since I have big kids home, we can leave together to go for a walk which is really nice.

e/t will be ok

Post Sat, May 23 2020, 10:38 pm
I work from home full time. I have a 2 year old and a 3 month old. DH before virus learnt in kollel. Now that he's home he is watching my 2 year old all day so yes I need and want him home. I really enjoy having him around even when he is not helping!

amother
Cerulean

Post Sat, May 23 2020, 11:04 pm
Love having my husband home. He's still working just in his office. It's nice that he can pop in for a quick chat and just lends a much calmer atmosphere to our home. I'm going to really miss this time.

Genius

Post Sat, May 23 2020, 11:52 pm
I appreciate that he goes to work. I like to have time to do my own thing without another adult breathing down my back. I may have thought differently if I had a houseful of kids. Seems like my opinion isn’t very popular

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 12:03 am
I'd enjoy his company home, Depending what the reason behind his. I enjoy his company and appreciate help.

That shouldn't be in the cheshbon of losing his income, neither if he sits on his phone all day.
Working from home wouldn't really work here as he would get disturbed and frustrated by the noise of the kids.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 12:16 am
genius wrote:
I appreciate that he goes to work. I like to have time to do my own thing without another adult breathing down my back. I may have thought differently if I had a houseful of kids. Seems like my opinion isn’t very popular

Nope, I have BH a bunch of kids home but I feel the same way. Things are calmer when he's not around; the kids tend to act up more to get his attention, and it's really easier when I'm managing the routine on my own. And I tend to very much feed off his mood, which has been not very positive these last couple of months. So I'm more relaxed when he isn't home.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 2:13 am
I find it very very hard to have him home all the time. I need time to myself

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 5:11 am
I don't have a husband anymore so can't answer

But
Would certainly be nice to have an extra pair of hands with the kids and some adult company.
I'm not trying to say the grass is greener somewhere else because some don't want a dh home
I just take it as it is because theres no other choice anyway.....

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 6:51 am
I say this every day. If Corona anyway had to happen at least it is now when I'm almost due and he is a big help. Bh! He cooks,and let me sleep late, he brings me with the car to work and back.... uaually he is on the road so much and I do everything singlehandedly....

imasinger

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 7:15 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
Love having my husband home. He's still working just in his office. It's nice that he can pop in for a quick chat and just lends a much calmer atmosphere to our home. I'm going to really miss this time.

Same! Except he'll probably keep working from home for a while.

DVOM

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 7:19 am
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
I’m more concerned with all the ones who don’t want their kids home

I don't want my kids or husband home alllllll day, every day. I really miss being alone. Seems like I never am these days.

amother
Green

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 7:23 am
Heavens no! He's pretty useless when he's home. I'm so glad he's an essential worker and has been leaving the house every day. Weekends are miserable.

ETA: If I didn't have children around I'd feel very differently. I really enjoy my time with him, but he has no patience for the kids so being home with him, with the kids, is what's miserable. But, alas, we are not in that stage of life with no little kids yet nor anymore.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 7:30 am
I love my husband being home. I am a home body anyway and not working at the moment for health reasons, so am home anyway. Its so nice to not be along all of the time and have him be able to have lunch together and just be around, to chat during the day or even steal a quick few minutes in the bedroom Wink as there are no children here (they are not home anymore)
He has been working in the spare room (he set up his computers and everything there so he is able to work)
So I have thoroughly been enjoying my husband being home during the lock down/ stay at home time.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics