Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
June weddings in New York
Previous  1  2

hi dear

Post Sat, May 23 2020, 8:31 pm
Wow thats good news...im soo happy to hear....should be with lots of mazel

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sat, May 23 2020, 8:32 pm
I had a backyard wedding and spent 10K and that was us being fancy.

amother
Indigo

Post Sat, May 23 2020, 8:32 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
Maybe it's the same idea like Elon Musk saying we're opening up regardless, arrest me if you want.
Or the churches in MO (I think?) saying we are all opening up together no matter what.

Right now the legal limit in New York is 10 people so I wouldn't advertise that halls are opening unless you want them shut down before your wedding. Unless of course all these halls have the financial capital to fight the state like elon musk.

southernbubby

Post Sat, May 23 2020, 8:36 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
Right now the legal limit in New York is 10 people so I wouldn't advertise that halls are opening unless you want them shut down before your wedding. Unless of course all these halls have the financial capital to fight the state like elon musk.

Tomorrow, 200 businesses plan to open illegally. See my new thread. They are figuring that the government is unresponsive but will look the other way if they adhere to safety precautions.

amother
Copper

Post Sat, May 23 2020, 8:37 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:

For how many hours?
During the last few months, without much time to plan in advance?

amother
Oak

Post Sat, May 23 2020, 9:03 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Tomorrow, 200 businesses plan to open illegally. See my new thread. They are figuring that the government is unresponsive but will look the other way if they adhere to safety precautions.

Nothing new.
Stores were mobbed last week. No sd no masks.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sat, May 23 2020, 9:20 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:

Including photographer music caterer and rentals and flowers setup and cleanup . That’s a steal.

I know someone who did it in a huge tent and it was double. The tent alone was a few 1000 plus porta potties.

amother
Green

Post Sat, May 23 2020, 10:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Brooklyn
I think all the halls got together and decided this together
For weddings that were booked after shavuous
And the price is not much less than for 200 couples!!!
It has to start 4:00 and end 10
No coming and going
Everybody needs to stay whole time and nobody can come just for chuppa or dancing

I don’t understand why does it help that everyone needs to stay the whole time. Is it because they need people to stay for dancing? And they don’t have people coming just for dancing or just for the chupa? This is weird. It is like a job for the whole evening.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sat, May 23 2020, 10:13 pm
Ateres charna and vilchoviz in Monsey refuse to open.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sat, May 23 2020, 10:17 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
I don’t understand why does it help that everyone needs to stay the whole time. Is it because they need people to stay for dancing? And they don’t have people coming just for dancing or just for the chupa? This is weird. It is like a job for the whole evening.

I suppose it's to prevent a thousand people coming in shifts.
If going to a wedding is a job for you, then you probably aren't close enough to be one of these 60 couples.
I don't live in New York, but if this is illegal, I wouldn't want to be the host or a guest.

doodlesmom

Post Sat, May 23 2020, 10:18 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
Why does everyone have to stay the whole time? What if someone is late, or has to leave early?

They probably want to lock the hall and not open it until the end. They do not need to let police or anyone into the hall legally if it’s locked and private property without a warrant.....

amother
Seashell

Post Sat, May 23 2020, 10:27 pm
Where I live (can't share on a public forum, v'hameiven yuvin), one hall allows for regular chassunahs. They start early, rush through till end, and then resume dancing till everyone is spent...They do "shifts", as extended family for 30 min, then friends 30 min, and so on. So that in case the wedding is broken up, it will be AFTER the chuppah and meal.

Another hall is allowing 65 couple, no parking, and families also do shifts.

Worked out very well past lag baomer, and will continue until restrictions are removed.

mig100

Post Sat, May 23 2020, 11:07 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
Rain - ppl push off until next day bec so small - just family.

I don't think pushing off is so simple and some want at least a few friends- there's ur answer
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics