Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Another Week With No End In Sight In New York

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 2:33 am
I feel so down tonight. I thrive on routine and that was robbed from us 2 months ago already with no end in sight. Nothing to look forward to this week. I’m super exhausted from having the kids home this long. Not sure what I want in reply since I know we’re all in the same boat. Maybe some self care ideas? Or some hope that this will end sooner than later?

amother
Lime

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 2:52 am
You are not alone. It's ok to feel this way. We have to build purpose and structure until we can feel it. Here are some things to try:

Can you go outside or at least sit at an open window?

Call a friend or neighbor who is alone to say hi.
Keep a gratitude journal.
Make a rough daily routine, a schedule may be too formal.
Break the day into blocks: morning, afternoon, evening, night. Plan loosely what you'd like to do and what you need to get done in each block. Like, morning: wake, shower, make bed, dress to shoes, pray, tehilim, coffee, read, breakfast, wipe kitchen, exercise 10 minutes, outside walk, laundry load, 1 work, family, home or personal activity. Aim to check off what is realistic for you. Really check it off a list if you need to.

Shavuos is only 11 days away- a week from Thursday night. Something to prepare for spiritually and physically: listen to shiurim online, read a spiritual book, clean and decorate the house, plan menu and prepare.

We are all struggling to do the same. I'm down to about 50% capacity in life overall, some 75% some 25%. I'm happy with that.

You can create a list of your general life goals, values and priorities, but that's a lot to chew for me at 50%.

With a house of kids, I think fed, clean, alive and safe, 1 20 minute period of positive interaction is pretty much the goal.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 12:28 pm
The end is in sight. Places are opening up, just not NYC yet. Our numbers are going down. It won't be forever. Yes, we will still need to SD and we won't have shuls and shopping yet, but we will be able to get out more.

hi dear

Post Sat, May 23 2020, 11:38 pm
The only thing thay keeps me going is a gratitude journal....it really gives u happiness seeing how much we do have

amother
Brown

Post Sat, May 23 2020, 11:42 pm
No advice just commiseration. I'm at my emotional end. My kids are taken care of and things are generally fine but I feel emotionally dead inside. I'm never happy or excited about anything. I just feel one long blahhhhhh. I also feel like the restrictions are becoming insane. I honestly can't see the harm in letting stores open by appointment with masks etc. At this point I just think Cuomo's decided we're waiting on a vaccine before we start opening things in a meaningful way, he just hasn't told us that yet.

ExtraCredit

Post Sat, May 23 2020, 11:44 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
No advice just commiseration. I'm at my emotional end. My kids are taken care of and things are generally fine but I feel emotionally dead inside. I'm never happy or excited about anything. I just feel one long blahhhhhh. I also feel like the restrictions are becoming insane. I honestly can't see the harm in letting stores open by appointment with masks etc. At this point I just think Cuomo's decided we're waiting on a vaccine before we start opening things in a meaningful way, he just hasn't told us that yet.

Stores are open by appt where I live. I need SCHOOL. SCHOOL. SCHOOL. SCHOOL. SCHOOL. SCHOOL. SCHOOL. SCHOOL. SCHOOL. oh and you know what else? SCHOOL!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics