Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Carpooling Israel?

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 5:13 am
Does it make sense to give rides to and from school?

Elfrida

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 5:26 am
Did you do this pre-corona? If the children are in class together all day, an extra few minutes in the car won't make much difference. Keep the windows open if you like.

I think there are rules for the official hasa'ot, but I don't know how strictly they are being observed. And the buses are running virtually as normal.

If practical, walking is the safest way to get to and from school.

rzab

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 8:25 am
I am so torn about this.....

BadTichelDay

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 8:53 am
As Elfrida wrote - if they are in the same class and/or regularly play together, it probably doesn't make much of a difference. Though I still would try to avoid or reduce it.

If that's not the case, I would not do it at all.
I used to sometimes pick up trempistim before Corona (in the Shomron, where that is common practice).
Now I absolutely don't - if you are in a car, you are very close and kind of breathe each other's air, even with the windows open. And if you drive faster, it gets too windy, which might tempt you to close the windows. So, no trempim for the time being. Sorry guys.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 7:35 am
The children are now in kaytana together, but I don't think being in a ventilated classroom is the same as sitting in a small car, side-by-side for 15-20 minutes. Obviously our children are not exposed to the exact same things, so having them in such close proximity makes me feel uneasy.

I want to help out, but am I compromising the health of my family?
Who can advise me? What are others doing?

essie14

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 12:21 pm
I am not letting anyone in my car, but my kids are also not in school or gan, I pulled them out.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 12:35 pm
I took my two-year-old's classmate home today. I am not comfortable picking up tremps in most cases but this seems different to me.

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 12:40 pm
If both parents would otherwise be taking private cars I guess that would be ideal

BUT if one parent/child would be taking public transportation on a bus with 50 other people, then bring those 50 people's germs into your child's class, then much better to carpool.

juggling

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 12:45 pm
We've been doing more carpooling than ever before, since the alternative is public transportation. The older kids keep masks on in the car, and also sit as spaced from each other as possible. I did take my 5-year-old and her friend the other day. They didn't wear masks, but they also didn't sit next to each other. I guess I could have avoided that carpool, it was really just for convenience. Maybe I shouldn't have done it.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 4:05 pm
Since kids went back to school, my daughter had to go and come from school on the school bus.
And she had a chug in a neighboring yishuv. We did carpool. There was no other way to do it.
And bat mitzvahs started up again. We have also carpooled to and from those as well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics