Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Newlywed corona time survival kit/care package

leaf

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 2:19 pm
Trying to put something together for couple getting married this wk. Would love ideas, input.
1. Fun game for adults (clean) that would be fun to play with even only 2 players. Any ideas?
2. couple cards - cards for conversation starters. Amazon recommended "our moments couples" farmilair with it? Anything sim that u would recommend?
3. Personalized 500 or 1000 piece puzzle - looking for rec of good quality puzzle. Do I need to use a professional or high quality photo to prevent it from coming out blurry when enlarged to puzzle size?
4. Book - men are from mars - loved it in the 90s - is it still a good read in 2020? Is there something even better?
5. Some sort of craft - thinking of choc making but where can I order molds, chalv yisrael and parve choc, fillings, book

All ideas qelcome!
Also what should I call it? Survival kit? Care package?
Thank you!!!!

Genius

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 2:29 pm
Care package sounds more positive. Monopoly is ok with two people. Puzzles can be fun.

Genius

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 2:29 pm
I love this idea btw. Very thoughtful!

DVOM

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 3:04 pm
What a lovely and thoughtful idea!

Any 'food project' could be really fun for a foodie couple. Maybe a homemade sushi making kit? Or a make your own jerky kit? My husband and I used to get a different ethnic or regional cookbook each week and we made 'theamed' dinners for the week. Loads of fun!

We're not game or puzzle people, but you could try: pandemic (so appropriate!), Blokus for 2, SET, Risk

My husband and I read The 5 love languages for couples, Hold me tight: 5 conversations every couple should have, and Ais L'ahov (a time to love) together over the years. Beautiful books to gift a new couple!

giselle

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 3:34 pm
DVOM wrote:
What a lovely and thoughtful idea!

Any 'food project' could be really fun for a foodie couple. Maybe a homemade sushi making kit? Or a make your own jerky kit? My husband and I used to get a different ethnic or regional cookbook each week and we made 'theamed' dinners for the week. Loads of fun!

We're not game or puzzle people, but you could try: pandemic (so appropriate!), Blokus for 2, SET, Risk

My husband and I read The 5 love languages for couples, Hold me tight: 5 conversations every couple should have, and Ais L'ahov (a time to love) together over the years. Beautiful books to gift a new couple!

I love the foodie idea.

Also, search for ice breaker games - there are a lot of cute ones on the market. I happen to love the ice breaker thumb ball. There’s also The Ungame cards for couples, which include much deeper questions.

amother
Tan

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 3:58 pm
Adults n crafts has great craft kits which are fun for adults and also easy since they give you everything you need (I got the engraving kit for a friend of mine who got married during this time)

DH and I love playing Cahoots- it's a collaborative game so works with 2 ppl really well. We bought it for chol hamoed and have made a tradition to play it every Shabbos since then.

Such a great idea!

Learning

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 4:06 pm
Something for exercise indoor or outdoor

leaf

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 4:19 pm
You guys are amazing! keep the ideas coming! Thank you so much! Hope they have as much fun as I'm having putting this together...

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 4:42 pm
The game Perfect Matches is supposed to be a great conversation game for couples

amother
Amber

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 4:49 pm
Newlywed here. We like puzzles, bannangrams, parcheezi/backgammon/checkers.
Books are good, to just spend time reading next to each other.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 5:03 pm
Sounds funny but in shana rishona we used to read/ do a Yiddishe kop together. If that seems childish to you maybe find some other type of riddle book they can solve.
Also banana grams is really fun for two people
Just my opinion but I think I might have felt a little awkward as a newly wed being given a game like perfect matches or any other " get to know you" game that feels like it's made fir dating couples . I'm trying to think of how to explain why . Maybe too unnatural of a way to have those conversations once married? Not sure. Anyways just a thought. And maybe I'm wrong don't know...
I think this is such a nice idea!

Hashemlovesme1

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 8:25 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
Sounds funny but in shana rishona we used to read/ do a Yiddishe kop together. If that seems childish to you maybe find some other type of riddle book they can solve.
Also banana grams is really fun for two people
Just my opinion but I think I might have felt a little awkward as a newly wed being given a game like perfect matches or any other " get to know you" game that feels like it's made fir dating couples . I'm trying to think of how to explain why . Maybe too unnatural of a way to have those conversations once married? Not sure. Anyways just a thought. And maybe I'm wrong don't know...
I think this is such a nice idea!

We don’t think it’s childish! I’m sure some do... but dh and I completed all 3 Yiddishe Kup books together. We had fun!
We like games that some mentioned above too- banana grams, scrabble, Set, Pictionary, scattegories (there’s a version for 2 people),
Such a nice idea to do this for a couple.

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 9:59 pm
Rummy kube!

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 10:01 pm
Just to add more things in it you can put in masks and gloves.

silverlining3

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 10:29 pm
Amazing and very thoughtful of you!

Old games are still great. Might not be as fun
Battleship, I still love this game
Stratego
Chess
Checkers
Jenga
Boggle
Yahtzee
Othello
Perhaps some competitive games. Don't know adult ones really.
Nice scenery puzzle, to maybe then frame and hang.
Arts kind of things

leaf

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 12:50 am
thank you for all of the game ideas!!

*anyone have experience with personalized puzzles? rec. of a good vendor? blurrriness?

*have any young couples read men are from mars in the past 10 yrs? curious to know if it still reads well...

*anyone with choc making experience??

thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics