Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts
Looking for a free online program to build music

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 4:29 pm
For my son... who plays almost every instrument and is searching the web for online studios.
I’m worried that he shouldn’t download something into our old/sensitive computer and we will regret it.
Anyone know of something free and kosher? He knows how to create his own music but needs a reliable program.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 5:26 pm
Not sure exactly what he's looking for, but maybe Audacity?

chatz

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 5:31 pm
What exactly are you looking for? Sheet music? A program to write music notation? A program to write music arrangements? Something else?

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 5:37 pm
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
Not sure exactly what he's looking for, but maybe Audacity?

Yes, that is along the lines of what he wants. Would you happen to know how it compares to FL studio?

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 5:40 pm
Sorry, I'm far from an audio pro. I use Ocenaudio personally because I don't need much, but Audacity is far more powerful. I think it compares favorably to many/most pro audio suites.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts